Ch-8 Warmth

El Bano by Enrique Iglesias song.⬆️

Ashton's POV

It was cold wind blew. She shivered. Immediately, I removed my blazer and covered her shoulders. I stood beside her in silence.

I want to ask her why & how ? And who did she lost? And all other questions which were running in my head but nothing came out when I saw her face full of melancholy. She looked at me as if she could read my mind and what i was going to say nextz

"It's a long story, not worth getting into it tonight." She gave a sad smile at me.

I didn't drag on it. I knew it was hard on me to talk about something like that if it happened to me.And I also respect that she didn't ask me questions about my past, its something I also didn't plan to get into tonight.

I saw us standing in silence.
What the hell? It is a date! And how come it turned into this? I shook my head. I am supposed to make it the best night of her life!

I lift up my face and smile at her. "Do you wanna dance?" She looked at me confused.

"Huh?"

I didn't give her any chance to answer and lead her into my arms. The waiter saw us and started to play the piano. It was a beautiful melody of a song time after time.

She didn't resist, normally as she does but she gently held onto me and smiled dancing. I guess sometimes it does not have to be hate we have for each other but the respect and value.

It also made me think that, why do I hate her so much? Just because of my ego?

We both drifted into the music and nothing else mattered. Her hands were on my shoulder and mine on her waist. She kept her head on my chest, which made me feel calm and her mesmerising smell of peach and strawberry shampoo made my body on fire. I could feel my animal come alive but I tried to control it.

The way her body was pressed against mine was criminal. My hunger grew for her more.

I was lost in my thoughts when the captain came in interrupted us. "Excuse me, sir?" Way to ruin the moment.

We separated. "Yes?"

"I got news from the dock that, a huge snow storm is now on the way and I recommend us to pull back to the shore." He said.

Is the nature against us having a moment?! I cursed in my head.

"Certainly"

I looked at her, as she looked at me in a disagreement that the moment ended quickly.

"Shall we go inside?" She said. I could see she was cold.

"Yes," I smiled and held on to her close.

The boat reached the docks. We got out and made our way towards the car and drove off.

It was now half an hour we were stuck in traffic. She looked at her watch.

I pulled down the window and spoke to the officer. "сколько времени займет очистка дорог?"

"из-за снежной бури на шоссе произошла авария, и дороги заблокированы, я рекомендую, сэр, съездить на следующий съезд и съездить в отель, если на ночь, если сможете ..."  he said.