Ch-43 Take on me

Take on me-

Ashton POV

I took the flowers in my hand and got out of the car. I check my phone which was in silent mode.

3 missed calls from Sylvia.

I hope it's nothing important. I didn't mind it cause i was already home. I knocked on the door and smiled. My thoughts expected that she will be running down the stairs and rushing to open the door only to fall in my arms.

The door opened and to my surprise a older man opened the door.

"Hello there, young man." He smiled.

I was confused for who he was and did i get forget my own home and drove into someone else?

Then i saw Sylvia peeked behind the man and smiled.," Ashton come in, i want you to meet someone."

I was surprised and confused for a moment but i composed myself. I made my way towards her and gave her the followers , kissing her cheeks. "Missed you."

She hugged me."missed you too." She separated from and and turned to introduce us. I was waiting to know who this person is.

She went and locked her arm with man," Ashton meet David Ashwood, my father." She said happily.

"Nice to meet you sir!" I gave him my hand.

"Nice to meet you too young man. "He shake my hand and we took a seat opposite to him. Sylvia took a seat beside me.

"So what do you do mr. Hardlin?" David asked me.

"I am in business of perfume manufacturing and distribution sectors, i deal with various international distribution of the same. Currently half of our profit is used for feeding the orphans and poor of africa, nigeria and syria."

"That's quite an established you have accomplished in just 26 years." He said.

"I still have a long way to go sir."

"You must be quite busy with work. How do you plan to give Sylvia the needed attention and love?."

"Dad!" Sylvia protested.

"It's alright Sylvia... he is worried for you he is liable to ask that." I comfort her. "I turned to face him and spoke," i know my work can be quite handful at times but i will not think twice to leave it and sending all my time with Sylvia whenever she needs. She is my top priority. I can earn twice and work the same if i am away from for a moment but i can never leave her for work. She deserves the world and i will continue working to give her all she deserves."

He smiled.
His phone rang,"i have to take this" he excuse himself.

I was alone with Sylvia. I looked at her. "That was quite a surprise. Mind giving me a heads up from next time?" I said to her.

"If you picked up my calls you will know. Still, it was surprise to me too, i was not expecting him. She said nervously," i just hope you two get along. I know he can be tough to handle sometimes."

I chuckled,"relax Sylvia let me handle your father." I rubbed hands on her shoulders.

She took a deep breath and nodded.

He call was done and joined us.

"You seem like a capable and honourable man. I hope for you to take care of my beloved daughter. When she choose you that means your special." He said.

"Certain sir, till my last breath i want to be beside her, loving her." I said taking Sylvia hand in mine.

"Call me David." He smiled.