Part 1

EXT. FOREST –NIGHT [FOGGY]

KID 1, KID 2, and KID 3, shiver while observing their surroundings. There are no signs of life aside from them. They have tattoos of a blue ring on the back of their hands.

KID 1: Where are we? What the hell is this place? Why do we have tattoos?

KID 2: I want to go back home...

KID 3: I can't find my phone or anything... We can't call for help or access Google maps...

KID 2 starts crying and KID 1 hugs her tightly for comfort. A rustle comes from the bushes make the kids turn their attention to it in panic. KID 3 is now in a defensive stance. The rustling becomes louder and louder until it halts suddenly.

WOMAN 1 and WOMAN 2 appear from the opposite side of the bushes and one of them runs to the children in tears. They are wearing Victorian era style dresses and the women have candlesticks in hand. Kid 1 tries to flee but is still being held by Kid 2.

WOMAN 1: My children! We've been searching everywhere for you! What were you doing straying from the fields? Don't you remember what your mother and I said about going past the alchemist's apothecary?

KID 2 (between sniffles): Apothecary...?

WOMAN 2: Listen to your mama. She and I have been worried sick when you lot didn't come home in time.

KID 3 (whispers): Yo, did we time travel? Why are they saying they're our moms?

WOMAN 1: What are you children even wearing? Don't tell me you were associating yourselves with the odd children by the abandoned church?

KID 1: Did gay people exist in the past?

WOMAN 2: Stop speaking nonsense, we need to finish up dinner. Hurry along.

KID 2 (whispers to other kids): Should we trust them?

KID 3: It's better than staying in the forest.

All three give each other nods before following the women out of the forest. Figure 1 and Figure 2 watch the group walk away from the branches of the trees.

FIGURE 1: More kids, huh?

FIGURE 2: There always seem to be. They pop out every few months into the forest here. Lost and confused... They're definitely not from Elgin. Or even from this world.

FIGURE 1: I saw a baby once here. I almost got worried but one of the citizens picked it up like nothing was wrong.

FIGURE 2: Strange. You would think after living here for so long you would get used to this crap.

FIGURE 1: Is this supposed to mean something big is coming?

FIGURE 2: Ha, maybe. It's not like anything has happened...yet.

The two figures run away. In the distance a faint rune circle can be seen behind the bushes as it gives a faint red glow.