Part 25

INT. POLICE STATION–DAY

ROCH angrily storms into the office and the door slams loudly. ISABEL has hand over her chest area as she exhales loudly to calm herself. Her other hand hovers over documents with a pencil before slowly putting it down.

ISABEL: Isaac, could you not slam the door? You'll end up frightening all the citizens off the cliffs.

Roch pulls out a paper from his pocket and puts it on Isabel's desk.

ROCH: Can you believe this, Isabel? Rosenberg says to lay off the arrests for a bit. Doesn't want the crime rate to go up during elections. Typical. Politicians, right?

Isabel sighs and takes off her glasses before laying them on her desk.

ISABEL: You know how Damon is. Our family is very... you know...

ROCH: I don't care if he is your cousin. The man is too concerned with image over substance.

ISABEL: My uncle is a very hard man. You know how he is. There's a lot of pressure to follow the family legacy and uphold it. You can only imagine what his son is going through as well.

ROCH: He's neglecting the city by ignoring crimes! Better crime rate? That's just nonsense. The law is being broken left and right and people need to be punished for it.

ISABEL: It's only for a short period of time, at least until elections are over.

ROCH: Isabel, there's innocent people out there. To arrest less people only means that more people are getting hurt.

Isabel walks over to Roch before embracing him. Roch's shoulders relax and he hugs her back.

ISABEL CONT'D: We can arrest the troublemakers after elections too. Keep tabs, bust them later...

ROCH (slight chuckle): We definitely need to hire more help around here.

ISABEL: We can start on it tonight if you want.

ROCH: I'm closing down for the night though. Let's go out.

ISABEL (smiles): Hm, alright. What did you have in mind?

CUT TO:

INT. GOATMAN'S HOUSE–DAY

JORDANIA has a pencil and notebook in each had as she excitedly looks at DARCY.

JORDANIA: I ship them.

DARCY: Uh... why?

JORDANIA: He vents to her first whenever he's in the police station.

DARCY: She's the only other worker.

JORDANIA: Exactly! More romance potential!

DARCY: I can't imagine Roch being with her honestly.

JORDANIA: But he legit only talks to her. He doesn't bother to try and talk with us at all. Maybe he has a soft spot for her.

MIN enters the scene with a satchel and stops abruptly once they see Jordania's expression.

MIN CONT'D: Why are you smiling like that?

JORDANIA: I created a ship

MIN: What? Why would you build a boat?

JORDANIA: No. It's slang for uh... hm. I want to see two people in a romantic relationship because I think they're cute together.

Min pauses and stares at her.