Part 61

EXT. "CURIO SHOP" RUN DOWN STORE – EVENING

JORDANIA, BELINDA, MIN, and CONNER all stand at the shop staring at the wreckage.

JORDANIA CONT'D: I really didn't think he was actually going to be killed. She said she was going to make the soul wander. We were all once wandering souls.

MIN: It's okay. I didn't want the world to end obviously but this whole thing has been... interesting.

CONNER: This whole thing has been a game and we were the pieces that got moved along. At least I finished the damn map.

BELINDA: I can't stand that I didn't see everything that happened.

CONNER: We never found out about what happened with the journal of doubt either right? Or that case in the shop.

JORDANIA: I guess we should come clean about the Journal of Doubt. Min and I made it.

BELINDA: What? Seriously? I made so many theories on that!

JORDANIA: Ha! We got you good, didn't we? Min was really good at crafting–

MIN (angry): Jordania. Come over here for a second.

Min grabs Jordania's hand to lead her away from Conner and Belinda to talk. Min turns to face her angrily.

MIN CONT'D: I didn't want them to know about it.

JORDANIA: We were planning to tell them eventually, right? I don't see what's wrong since–

MIN (yells): I'm not okay with you sharing!

Jordania falls silent and she pulls her arm away from Min.

JORDANIA CONT'D: Fine.

She storms off. Min walks back to Conner and Belinda. All three get startled by a loud sound and they look to the sky in horror. A giant dark worm monster wriggles from the earth releasing a loud screech while many of its tentacles wriggles.

MIN CONT'D: Shit.

They look around and Jordania is out of sight. Min starts running towards where they last saw her.

MIN CONT'D: Jordania!

CUT TO:

EXT. EDGE OF CLIFFS – EVENING

GOAT MAN stands on a tree branch scowling at the worm deity. QUIET MYSTIC appears beside him with a deranged smile.

QUIET MYSTIC: To bear witness! Truly the end fitting of our time.

GOAT MAN: You betrayed me.

QUIET MYSTIC: Pity the children didn't choose you to form into your final form.

GOAT MAN: Pity that the mortals will die by his hands instead of mine.

QUIET MYSTIC: Fortunately for us, he won't kill us.

GOAT MAN: Us?

QUIET MYSTIC: Yes, especially with the blessing you put upon me.

GOAT MAN: Why would I allow someone to have betrayed me to survive such an event?

Quiet Mystic's smile drops quickly.

QUIET MYSTIC CONT'D: My lord, you can't.

GOAT MAN: Uh yes, I can.

Goat Man waves a hand at her and Quiet Mystic falls from the tree screaming. She lands with a thud revealing her disfigured face.

GOAT MAN CONT'D: Time to move onto the next world. Maybe somewhere with sushi.

Goat Man vanishes.

CUT TO:

EXT. FOREST – EVENING

MIN runs in the forest. JORDANIA is near the edge of the cliff and angry tears stream down her face.

MIN CONT'D: Jordania.

JORDANIA: What?

MIN (pauses): Are you okay?

JORDANIA: I'm fine.

Min turns her to face them and she refuses to look them in the eyes.

MIN CONT'D: There's a worm thing destroying everything, and I wanted to make sure you were okay.

JORDANIA: I'm fine, you can leave now.

MIN: Are you sure you want me to leave?

JORDANIA: No... It just hurts.

MIN: I just... didn't want the others to judge me. I freaked out.

JORDANIA: We're all going to die anyways, it's not like it matters. Not like I matter to you either.

MIN: Jordania that isn't true.

JORDANIA: Not like you can magically have feelings for me or anything.

More tears fall from her face and Min tenses.

MIN CONT'D: Jordania... I know I said I was aromantic but like... You make me feels things I don't understand, and I don't like seeing you hurt. I just... please don't cry. Crying makes me uncomfortable.

Jordania wipes her tears with her sleeves and Min stands there awkwardly.

JORDANIA CONT'D: Really?

MIN: Yeah...

Jordania smiles meekly. Min averts their gaze.

MIN CONT'D: Can we get away from the cliffs? I don't feel like it's safe here.

JORDANIA: I don't think it's much safer with the worm god.

Screams can be heard from a distance.