Part 32

INT. JASPER'S WORKSHOP–NIGHT (FIFTEEN YEARS AGO)

The rain pounds against the pavement and thunder roars in the distance. JASPER, a middle aged man, drags around large metal parts.

The fire of the torch melds the metal pieces together and the metal clanks together loudly as he works feverishly on the task at hand.

JASPER CONT'D (mutters): That damned woman. I'll show her. I can become a right hand man as well.

He glances at the clock sitting on his desk and he scowls.

JASPER CONT'D: I'm running out of time.

Thunder crashes in time as he pounds his hammer against the metal, shaping it into his desired state. He hits his thumb by accident.

JASPER CONT'D: I fucking swear, I'll finish this even if it kills me.

After hours upon hours of hard work he steps back to see his creation. The completed robot towers over the man and its features get illuminated every so often by the lightning. Jasper stares at his creation in pride.

JASPER CONT'D: She might be chosen but I can be chosen as well. A pile of fur and bones is nothing compared to the fine craftsmanship of machinery! There is more thought and effort put into the beauty that is mechanics.

Jasper walks towards a hidden metal door. With two hands, he opens the door and there's a whirring sound.

JASPER CONT'D: Now for the finishing touch.

He touches the ground underneath the robot and starts whispering a chant. Glowing purple lines slowly appear to reveal a rune circle. The ROBOT's eyes glow a deep purple and raises a clawed hand to observe it. Jasper regards the robot with awe as he slowly sinks onto his knees.

JASPER CONT'D (whispers): Rshurtagl.

The robot sharply turns its head towards Jasper. The robot has a low whirring sound that seemed to mimic a growl.

JASPER CONT'D: I am a dedicated follower of you and your brothers. Please let me become your most trusted assistant. I'm efficient and if you give me more strength to create, I will be able to achieve the future that we have dreamed of.

The robot stares at him blankly.

CUT TO:

EXT. JASPER'S WORKSHOP–NIGHT

A scream can be heard coming from within the work shop and the windows glow purple briefly. Silence fills the air for a few seconds before the ROBOT exits the shop and walks away.

The robot slowly walks towards the field and it stands there silently. The purple glow dims from the robot's eyes and it creaks slightly as it returns to a neutral stance.

ROBOT CONT'D (quiet): In...due... time.