Part 21

INT. GOAT MAN'S HOUSE-DAY

VANESSA briskly walks into the room with papers in her hands. She waves them around while the others chaotically organize the wall of notes. RANDI notices and approaches her.

VANESSA: We got three new notes.

RANDI: We still don't know who's sending these notes.

VANESSA: The post board to contact Goat Man has mysteriously disappeared too. There doesn't seem to be a way to reach him anymore.

RANDI: That's really weird.

VANESSA: But we have been getting blank notes flying in every so often. I got Min to inspect them to see if there are any hidden messages of any kind.

RANDI: You make it sound like they're your personal lab you can send samples to.

VANESSA: Aren't they a scientist?

RANDI: Well... uh... hm.

VANESSA: Anyways, the notes are talking about how the police officer hasn't checked the abandoned church, Jasper's workshop, and the catacombs.

RANDI: Who the hell is Jasper?

VANESSA: As if I know. All I know was that the quiet mystic person had referenced these places in the letter. My best bet is to visit those places.

RANDI: So, we're going to follow around what she did?

VANESSA: It's the best way to get answers.

The two of them walk over to the codex where many kids are scribbling and adjusting information to it. Vanessa tacks the notes to the wall and looks at it in satisfaction. CONNER walks by and notices the new information placed there.

CONNER CONT'D: New locations?

VANESSA: Apparently. We'll try to get people to scout the areas to find them.

CONNER: I want to be notified if anyone finds this. They sound like important enough to put on the map.

VANESSA: I already sent out a few message crows for the others to find.

RANDI: To where exactly? There's too many of us.

VANESSA: I told the others that if they see crows screeching on the city hall building, it means something new happened and they need to come over fast.

RANDI: What if there's a wild crow screeching on it?

VANESSA: Most crows here are domestic, haven't you noticed?

RANDI: Um, why the hell would I know that most crows are domestic?

CONNER: Have you guys heard of the other news though?

VANESSA: Other news?

CONNER: Yeah, it got recorded right over here!

Conner takes off a sheet of paper from the codex and proceeds to clear his throat.

CONNER CONT'D: So there was an incident at the river where a phony was trying to dupe people into thinking they're a clue right?

VANESSA: Uh huh.

CONNER: And the guy had a really crappy costume.

VANESSA: Huh?

CONNER: But lots of people were really into the bells and played along anyways.

RANDI: Move on with the story.

CONNER: So a few people followed him to the police station and heard this from the police station.

CUT TO:

INT. POLICE STATION-DAY

ROCH stands at a desk that has a large amount of paperwork and there's a large bookshelf behind him. He stands in front of the door as he towers over the unseen woman at the desk.

ROCH: Hey Isabel, we have an arrest made. Detained some performer down by the river. No permit. Book 'em for me.

BACK TO:

INT. GOAT MAN'S HOUSE-DAY

CONNER: He was just talking loudly to this woman! I think her name was Isabel? Whatever it was, he just talking and talking and talking to her. It seemed like there was only two people working there!

VANESSA: Was there anything else important that he said?

RANDI: Who wants to bet that Isabel and Roch are an item?

CONNER: What? No. I think she's just a secretary.

RANDI: So an office affair. Who's the cheater there?

VANESSA: Randi can you please not?

CONNER: I think Isabel is an old lady.

VANESSA: The person arrested, are they going to be in there for long?

CONNER: No, they were let off with a warning luckily since it was the first time they did an offense.

RANDI: Lucky duck.

CONNER: Also, he said something really interesting-

BACK TO:

INT. POLICE STATION-DAY

ROCH: Been happening more and more lately. We've been considering some hiring. But we're busy for the day. Have to do paperwork.

BACK TO:

INT. GOAT MAN'S HOUSE-DAY

CONNER: They might be hiring! So a bunch a people went in to hand in resumes after Min got the idea to do it first.

VANESSA: Do you think they'll accept anyone?

CONNER: I mean everyone that handed in a resume was under the age of eighteen so...

RANDI: Yeah, none of your children have a chance to get in at all.

VANESSA: We should keep tabs on that detective. We can probably find out a lot more if we keep trailing him.

RANDI: A lot is happening honestly. I don't understand how anyone is able to keep up with all this information.

CONNER: At we got the codex.

RANDI: Elections are coming up really soon too, so I wonder how that will all play out.

VANESSA: Ew, politics. I don't think it'll be a big help to our search to get home either.

RANDI: And a police officer is?

VANESSA: He's searching for a missing person. That missing person could be the journal writer.

RANDI: Alright. We'll follow the out of shape detective.

CONNER: I'm fine with anything as long as I get to make my map.

RANDI (amused): Yes, all hail the mapmaker. Now we have another important question that needs to be answered.

CONNER: What is it?

RANDI: Any of you guys got food? Erle didn't come buy today so I'm starving.