Part 23

EXT. OUTSIDE CITY HALL – DAY

BELINDA is fuming as she sits on the steps of city hall. NANCY sees her and hesitates before approaching her.

NANCY: Hey, Belinda. Is everything alright?

BELINDA (angry): No.

NANCY: How come?

BELINDA: I keep missing the action! I wanted to help find the notes!

NANCY: It was really late at night. Not everyone can be there for every event...

BELINDA: I don't want to miss anything!

NANCY: You had to sleep. I can't imagine your parents would be happy if they saw you running around so late.

BELINDA: They aren't my parents. Anyways, I've been taking lots of midnight walks.

NANCY: Why?

BELINDA: To find clues. They aren't going to find themselves.

NANCY: That's not healthy you really shouldn't—

BELINDA: I want to be the one to find the buildings!

VANESSA V.O.: What's happening here?

Vanessa walks into the scene and MIN follows. Min is carrying their satchel.

NANCY: Belinda hasn't been sleeping much because of the mystery.

BELINDA: I've been taking naps! I'm fine!

VANESSA: How much sleep have you been getting?

BELINDA (hesitant): One hour...

MIN: Are you asking for health problems?

BELINDA: Are you asking to be punched in the face?

NANCY: Whoa there.

VANESSA: Belinda. I can ban you from the codex if you keep neglecting yourself.

BELINDA: Well, you can't stop me from trying to find the places! I want to see what's in the catacombs!

MIN: Maybe we've already found the catacombs, workshop, and church but we've missed it because half the signs in this town are broken.

VANESSA: That's possible. But right now, everyone is working as a team and if one person can't work, then they rely on their other teammates to help out.

BELINDA: I don't need a team then! Screw all of you!

NANCY: Belinda, we only care for your health—

BELINDA: I don't care!

Belinda storms off and Nancy gives a frustrated sigh. Min watches the youth storm off.

NANCY CONT'D: What brings you guys here anyways?

VANESSA: Min convinced to check out the election speeches happening here.

MIN: It's good to know the rules of an area, especially with changes. What if they set an earlier curfew? We need to be prepared.

VANESSA: If we can't freely run around searching for clues then we got a huge issue ahead of us.

NANCY: No wonder there's a huge crowd behind us.

A large crowd of people surround a podium and there are many people with large cameras on stands. DAMON ROSENBURG walks towards the podium which cues the cameras to start flashing.