Part 29

INT. PRISON - DAY

QUIET MYSTIC walks through the corridors of the prison and she approaches a cell. The SHOP KEEPER sits on the ground with an empty glaze in his eyes before a smile flickers. He doesn't bother to look in her direction but his body relaxes slightly from the recognition.

SHOP KEEPER CONT'D: Hello, old friend. Nice of you to visit an old man such as myself.

QUIET MYSTIC: It's only out of courtesy that I do so. It would be rude not to visit your new home. It's very lovely might I say. The metal bars add a sense of trapped aesthetics.

SHOP KEEPER: Is there another reason for the visit? I can't imagine you coming all the way here to enjoy the décor.

QUIET MYSTIC: I'm here to say I'm unable to release you from your cell.

SHOP KEEPER: Oh? How come?

QUIET MYSTIC: The lord has told me that the children are questioning your trustworthiness. Especially from a mysterious notebook.

SHOP KEEPER: Typical. Any idea on who made the forgery?

QUIET MYSTIC: Seeing how they are children, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a joke amongst them.

SHOP KEEPER: I attempted to snuff out the rumours that came along with the first two entries but it seems that the children are clinging onto them. But if it was the other man...

QUIET MYSTIC: He wouldn't do such a thing. I'm sure he wouldn't do that.

SHOP KEEPER: What should we do? If I were to return, I would have no customers to tend to.

QUIET MYSTIC: The officer is searching for any signs of tax evasion due to the fact that you have only sold items for free. He's still bent on the idea that your income is through unsavoury means.

SHOP KEEPER: That's a very complicated situation to worm myself out of.

QUIET MYSTIC: The lord is proud of your work. You have fulfilled your mission. I will continue to build upon the foundation you have worked so hard to establish.

SHOP KEEPER: I am grateful that I was of use to the lord.

QUIET MYSTIC: And now your worth is nothing ever since you entered this cell.

SHOP KEEPER: If the lord asked for my soul, I would comply enthusiastically.

QUIET MYSTIC: You have been a loyal follower. For that, I will make sure that you're rewarded.

SHOP KEEPER: Serving is reward enough.

QUIET MYSTIC: So be it.

SHOP KEEPER: Now that you have lost me to the empty eyes, what do you plan to do next?

QUIET MYSTIC: There are too many eyes watching. But do not fear, I will make sure everything comes to fruition.

SHOP KEEPER: May the world return to its purest form.

QUIET MYSTIC: Farewell, Ambrose. Your time is coming to a close.

Quiet Mystic leaves the cell and the door slams loudly behind her.