Part 3

EXT. "SERENA NESTOR" TRAIN STATION – DAY

JORDANIA is sitting on the abandoned platform with a makeshift stand and a sign that says Curio Shop. MIN walks by and eyes the sign before glaring at the girl. A few kids are milling about the area and chatting to each other. Min has a tattoo of a grey box on one shoulder and Jordania has a tattoo of a yellow goat horn on her shoulder as well.

MIN: Oh, look what we have here. Playing grown up, Jordania?

JORDANIA: Oh, look what we have here. Being a stick in the mud as always, Min?

MIN: You're so childish. Don't you ever get tired of your games?

JORDANIA: Everyone knows how up in arms Randi is about the marks. I thought I would have a little fun. Not like you know anything about that.

MIN: I have lots of fun!

JORDANIA: Obsessing over alchemy and Erle's old science textbook does not sound like fun to me.

MIN: At least I know how the world used to physically function before we came here.

JORDANIA: Oh, as if you knew anything about life before Elgin. You don't remember anything.

MIN: So, what if I forgot my past? At least I'm not whining about the lack of technology.

JORDANIA: You've been here so long that you even forgot your gender for god's sake.

MIN (baffled): That is not true. What do you think I do when I go to the bathroom?

JORDANIA (sarcastically): Use a blindfold. Duh.

MIN: This is why you're so infuriating. Can't you act mature for a day? Though, it may be asking for too much since you are a child.

JORDANIA: This is rich. Aren't you like fifteen? Or did you forget your age too?

MIN: You may have others laughing with you but I'll make sure everyone knows how evil you are.

JORDANIA: Oh, really? I dare you to try.

MIN (glances to the abandoned train): I will.

Min climbs to the top of the old, abandoned train and stares down at the crowd of people. Jordania is laughing to herself and VANESSA approaches her.

VANESSA: Jojo, why is Min on the old train?

JORDANIA: Oh hi-ya, Ness. I may or may not have influenced the poor youth.

VANESSA: Should I be worried?

JORDANIA: Not sure.

MIN (yells): My fellow citizens of Elgin! It has been brought to my attention that there is a mark called "false prophet" and no one currently possesses it. I am nominating Jordania since she is an evil that needs to be avoided!

VANESSA: What? How did they manage to get that?

JORDANIA: Dunno, Erle maybe?

MIN: The description of the mark says: "There was only death, only destruction. I've never known such a thing to come out, from everywhere at once, and yet nowhere. To look into its eyes, to see across the cosmos and weep, to know that there is infinity beyond its playful smile and never reach it. It is badness. It is the false path."

VANESSA: I never heard of the description before.

JORDANIA: I think I skimmed it a few times. Kinda stopped hanging out with Erle since he's a bore at times. If I wanted to learn history, it'll be of the world we originally came from.

VANESSA: He just got the machine mark today and I've been wondering the purpose of everything honestly.

MIN: I believe that Jordania should be marked here as false prophet due to how reckless she is with her insufferable personality. It describes how the false prophet has a playful smile and how that smile can lead to destruction!

JORDANIA (heckles in a valley girl accent): I love you too! You're doing great, hun!

MIN (ignores her): She is deceptive with the amount of pranks she pulls and shouldn't be trusted at all! She parades around not understanding the consequences to her actions and dragging others along for the hell of it. People need to be warned that when you get involved with mischief that there are dangers that come with it!

JORDANIA: You done yet?

MIN: You need to be avoided and marked for it.

JORDANIA: Is that a yes?

MIN (sarcastically): What do you think, Jordania?

JORDANIA: I need a nap is what, Min.

MIN (rolls eyes): How typical.

JORDANIA (mocking): You're so adorable when angry.

MIN: Are you purposely adding fuel to the flame here?

JORDANIA: I can't help it, you're just too cute.

Min scowls then holds up a small drawing of a goat and a match before lighting the paper on flame.

MIN: Goat Man, hear my plea of marking this damn trickster to avoid further chaos!

VANESSA: Damn, they're serious about it, aren't they?

JORDANIA: Nothing will happen I'm sure. They got the machine mark. Goat Man tends to ignore the machine guys for some reason.

Min starts climbing down from the train. RANDI enters the scene storming in with the letter in hand and marches up to Jordania's stand. She grins and gives Randi a lazy wave.

JORDANIA: How do you do, my fellow Elgin foreigner?

RANDI: Shut up, child!

JORDANIA (raises an eyebrow): This isn't how you do business. I may have to ask you to leave.

RANDI: Give me the map!

VANESSA: You're eighteen, why are you acting like a child here?

JORDANIA: The map is to the Curio shop. Not from the Curio shop, silly.

VANESSA (whispers): How do you know that?

JORDANIA (whispers): I was able to read the letter once. I have quite the memory too.

RANDI (yells): Then why don't I have the map?

VANESSA (shrugs): Maybe you lost it.

JORDANIA (teasing): Yeah, have you checked where you last placed it? (Laughs)

Randi slams a hand onto the stand and Jordania tilts her head.

RANDI: Do you, or do you not, have the map?

JORDANIA: I'm not giving you anything until you get your behaviour checked. Now shoo. I don't do business with trouble makers.

Randi walks away grumbling and Min approaches the girls.

MIN: Are you satisfied with the result you got?

JORDANIA: I'm extremely entertained, so yes.

MIN: What are you? A masochist? 

JORDANIA: Why? Are you interested?

MIN (frustrated sigh): Whatever. I'm done talking to you. You only cause trouble anyways. (Walks away)

JORDANIA (rolls eyes and grumbles): Like you didn't say that like fifty times already.

VANESSA: You alright?

JORDANIA: Never been better. Min always entertains me with their banter.

VANESSA: Well, I leave you with this, whatever this is. I just had an idea. I'll catch you later, Jojo!

Vanessa runs away excitedly and Jordania watches her in confusion.