Part 24

EXT. CATACOMBS–DAY (FOGGY)

GINA and ERLE have lamps as they walk through the foggy area. Erle is carrying a crow and it's sleeping soundly in its cage.

GINA: What if we—

ERLE: No. Next topic please.

GINA: Are you still accusing Min of being a traitor?

ERLE: What do you think?

GINA: I think it's someone else entirely. Oh, that reminds me of this idea I had—

ERLE: For the love of god, Gina. You've been talking about your ideas for the past few hours. I don't mind chit chat but I prefer silence.

GINA: Ah... sorry.

They walk in silence for a bit and Gina walks next to Erle awkwardly.

GINA: So, did you end up talking to Lucy again?

ERLE: No.

GINA: Oh.

There's a pause and they walk in silence for a bit.

ERLE: I shouldn't have said that stuff... She's been really homesick for a long while now. Especially since she wanted to have chocolate cake the last time I went exploring like this.

GINA: Oh I—

ERLE: I really feel bad, y'know. I've been here so long too so I don't really miss home but she hasn't been here as long as me and is probably having a really rough time.

GINA: You could—

ERLE: If I bought her more of those pastries from the shop, do you think that will make her better?

GINA: I—

ERLE: No, that's a stupid idea. She got upset because the pastry wasn't chocolate cake.

GINA: Make a cake!

ERLE: What?

GINA: She wanted a cake, right? I bet she'll be happy to get a chocolate cake.

Erle stops walking abruptly and looks at Gina. Gina pauses in surprise.

ERLE: You're a genius.

GINA: Um, thank you.

ERLE: You got some good ideas.

GINA: Do you think we could get more information if we got Roch to look at our orbs? He thinks they're drugs and all.

ERLE: It could work. Not sure what exactly you want to happen though.

GINA: Think it's worth a shot?

Erle glances at her before shrugging.

ERLE: Maybe. You might want more people to help you with the whole scheme.

GINA: I'll bring it up with the others and see what happens.

ERLE: Good luck with that.

GINA: Thanks.

They walk in a comfortable silence. Gina squints and raises her lamp.

GINA: What's that?

ERLE: Hm?

They walk closer to a boarded up entrance with a warning sign saying "KEEP OUT". Gina raises her eyebrows in surprise and looks over to a stone next to the entrance. The stone is half smashed and the only legible part of the carvings on it says "COMBS".