Part 15

INT. GOAT MAN'S HOUSE–DAY

RANDI stands in front of the crowd of kids and they all listen in awe.

RANDI CONT'D: Then she walked out! The shop keep said he didn't have a key when I asked about it too!

ERLE: What did you do after?

RANDI: I got kicked out!

VANESSA: Well, it was late. You can't blame the guy wanting to close up.

RANDI: Still, he hurt my feelings!

MIN: Does baby want a diaper?

RANDI: I don't need your comments, especially since you're a child.

MIN (rolls eyes): If you say so.

JORDANIA: A flying letter came in too. It describes what Randi saw so this definitely happened. The question is who is the lady that keeps messaging us?

RANDI: Maybe she's a regular citizen.

ERLE: Someone had to have bumped into her once in this tiny floating city if she was. I don't think she's any ordinary person.

VANESSA: Maybe she's magic.

MIN: Doubt it.

JORDANIA: Maybe there are secret passages underground.

ERLE: And dig where? Floating island, remember?

JORDANIA: Yes because being on a floating island with a magic goat person will limit underground passages. We don't even know where the water is coming from for the river!

RANDI: Let's focus on the lady! I'm not here for a physics debate.

VANESSA: Did you get a clear look at her face, Randi?

RANDI: Kind of. If I saw a picture of her face I would probably recognize it.

ERLE: We should act on search plans for this lady. Maybe she has more answers, especially since she has the glimpsed light mark.

JORDANIA: Um, is anyone going to address the new kid looking lost in the back of the room there?

Jordania points towards the back and everyone turns to look. GINA stands in front of the door awkwardly and gives an awkward wave. Gina soon speaks up meekly and her English accent gains a fair bit of attention from the others in the room.

GINA CONT'D: Hi, can someone help me understand what's happening?

VANESSA (to Jordania): I got this Jojo. (to Gina) You're Gina, right? Let me introduce you to the codex.

Randi continues ranting and Erle nods along with a raised eyebrow. Vanessa and Gina walk to the wall of notes and BELINDA is staring intensely and it slowly morphs into a triumphant smile.

BELINDA: I have a theory on the journal!

Jordania turns her head at the sound of journal. She has a slight smile and she approaches Belinda casually.

JORDANIA: A theory?

BELINDA: Yeah, the lady that walked into the shop could have been the one writing the journal too! I mean she's been sending the letters to Randi and Randi happens to be the one that keeps finding the letters and notes.

JORDANIA: The handwriting of the journal entry looks different though.

Peter looms over the shoulder of Jordania.