Part 56

EXT. GOAT FARM – DAY

JORDANIA waits by the fence and VANESSA walks to the goat pen with a bucket of water. Vanessa doesn't notice Jordania and continues with her task of refilling the water trough for the goats. The drawing children are present and Jordania eyes them wearily.

VANESSA CONT'D: How the hell did you guys manage to get food in your water again? Are you guys pranking me?

JORDANIA: Vanessa.

Vanessa is startled.

VANESSA CONT'D: Jordania? What are you doing here?

JORDANIA: I wanted to talk with you.

VANESSA: About what?

JORDANIA: Do you know how you opened the trap door in the church?

VANESSA: I put the key in and I turned it. It's not rocket science.

JORDANIA: Well, we tried that, but it didn't work.

VANESSA: Maybe it only worked for one door.

JORDANIA: Vanessa could you please come back and help us with these final tasks? I don't think the key is the only key but you're the key as well.

VANESSA: Why should I go back there? I lost my status as leader, I'm not needed anymore, and my life is at risk whenever I take a step outside this farm!

JORDANIA: Everyone's lives are at risk here. We all just want to go home. We miss our families, our old lives. Anyways, the group is in chaos without you.

VANESSA: You didn't seem to need me before.

JORDANIA: That's because this is a team. We all fill in when we can, so everyone doesn't get overworked. You're important.

VANESSA: You can find someone.

JORDANIA: Vanessa, this is just a one-night thing. Are you sure you want to be around kids all day?

VANESSA: The goats aren't that bad.

JORDANIA: No, I meant the other kids. They're staring at us.

The drawing children stare at the two girls with unblinking eyes. They drop the items in their hands and start speaking in unison.

CHILDREN CONT'D: Stay at the farm.

Vanessa drops her bucket in shock and Jordania grabs her shoulders.

JORDANIA CONT'D: Are you sure you want to stay here?

VANESSA: I think I'll come. It's only one night, right? It can't hurt to take a break every once in awhile.

The two of them run away from the children but the children don't follow them. A goat prances around amongst the children, bleating loudly and they all go back to drawing. GOAT MAN stands at the top of the barn and watch the girls run away with a smile.