Chapter 36: Goodbye for Now

The long journey back to Konoha was full of some bickering from Naruto and Tsunade and the excitement to get back to her brother. Tsunade would be able to heal her brother. "Lady Tsunade?" Kira called out sometime during the trip back home.

The older woman made a noise as if she was listening but wasn't really paying attention. She was having her own internal debate on going back to Konoha herself. Kira rubbed her bandaged arm thinking over what to say. Would she agree? Would she laugh and say she's too busy now? Ugh! She needed to learn how to be a better healer.

"Kid?" Kira shook her head realizing that she was waiting for her question. Naruto stared at her confused. Everything was confusing him lately, learning she loved him really threw him for a loop. He wondered what she wanted to ask Granny Tsunade?

"Would you be willing to teach me some healing techniques. I need to get better and I only know a few." Tsunade stared at the girl remembering her mumbled request the last time she asked. "I want to be able to help my comrades more than I'm able to."

Naruto bumped her shoulder with his own, his hands in his pockets. "You're a great healer already! What else would you need to learn?"

"I could be better." Tsunade chuckled at the two kids.

"Let me think it over for a little bit. I'll let you know by the end of the week." That made sense, the group would make it back to Konoha by mid afternoon and she probably had to do a lot to become Hokage.

"Alright,"

As soon the group made it back to Konoha, Kira gave a quick wave and limped off as she ran. Naruto chuckled to himself, he knew how worried she was for Kakashi. He was surprised at how well she was taking being away from him in this state. Maybe he should go with her so that she's not alone.

"Let her go," Jiraiya called placing a hand on Naruto's shoulder. "Tsunade will be there soon." Naruto nodded still not sure what he could do to make her feel better. Things had been different, he couldn't look at her the same way.

"Hey Pervy Sage, how close were you and that Aiko lady?" Jiraiya tensed at hearing her name. A fond smile slowly grew on his face as he thought back to her. Tsunade let out a scoff laughing to herself.

"You're just jealous we were never that close." Jiraiya smirked at the annoyed look she gave him. "Aiko and I were best friends. We did everything together, kind of wish they did some four man squads back in my day."

Naruto stared up at Jiraiya as they walked to Hokage tower. Tsunade was telling Shizune where the best places to go where. "So what happened? Did she realize you were a huge pervert?"

"I'll have you know she already knew that and thought I was amazing as it was. She even helped me score a few dates." He wiggled his eyebrows at that comment. Naruto rolled his baby blues throwing his arms behind his head as he walked. "Anyway if you're asking if she was like Kira then yeah. Kind of. But I was the one who had it bad for her,"

Naruto waited for the old man to continue "So she had no clue you liked her?"

"Nope, oblivious to anyone who liked her anyway." Jiraiya side eyed Naruto making sure he was paying attention. "I won't lie, when she found out it was difficult but we never stopped being friends. She still treated me the same, things'll go back to normal soon enough." Jiraiya tasseled Naruto's spikey blonde head giving him a grin.

Back with Kira she panted as she finally made it to Kakashi's side. During one of her calls back home Guy sensei had told her that they moved Kakashi to the hospital so that he could get proper treatment. All the wires and tubes sticking out of his body made her nerves start to explode.