Chapter 43: The Akatsuki Return

"The rules are the same as before. You may use whatever tactics you wish to take the bells from me. You have until sunrise tomorrow." Kakashi announced in the middle of the clearing. This was the same clearing Kakashi had pulled this exact same test three years prior back when they first became a team.

There were so many memories when it came to this test. "Huh...brings back memories, this place..."

"Yeah."

The three teens looked at the clearing sadly they were still missing another member of team seven. "Oh, right. This was the site of your very first exercise." Kakashi mused knowing fully well that it was. He did this for a reason.

"Team number seven..."

"The four man team..."

"We were just a bunch of dumb rookies back then..."

Kakashi looked at the sad faces of his team letting out a soft sigh. "Back then, we had Sasuke too didn't we." Sakura fell to the ground hugging her knees muttering to herself while Naruto fell to his knees banging on the ground cursing himself.

"I guess Sasuke's name is taboo..." Kakashi slumped his shoulders staring at the two teens. "Aren't you upset?" Kira's older brother asked staring at the still standing team. She was upset but she wasn't like the others.

"Of course I am...But we're going to get him back. We'll bring Sasuke back as soon as we get word of where he is." Naruto and Sakura looked up nodded to themselves agreeing with Kira's words. They'd bring Sasuke home.

"Anyway...let's begin." Both teens got up from the ground looking determined quickly taking notice of Kakashi's lack of book.

"Not gonna read this time, Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto mocked tying his headplate tightly against his forehead.

"Or have you finished it already?" Sakura finished shifting her black gloves over her hands. Kira smirked under her mask shifting her sleeves back up her arms keeping her eyes locked onto her brother. Her hands hovering over her pouches ready to attack when needed.

Kakashi shifted his headplate away from his eye. Showing off his Sharingan "Nope, just saving it for later. Besides, I get the feeling that this time I'm going to have to make more of a serious effort."

There was a staredown, Kakashi never took his Sharingan off of the kids, so when Naruto threw his throwing stars at the male. Kakashi was quick to deflect and throw his own crouching low to the ground. Naruto was just barely avoided the throwing stars when another set came toward him. Naruto quickly created a shadow clone to maneuver away in midair.

Kakashi captured Naruto by holding onto Naruto's wrist holding a large weapon as well as gripping onto Naruto's blond locks at the root keeping him locked in place. That is until the second Naruto held a Kunai to Kakashi's back appearing to have the upper hand.

"Heh, still the impatient one, eh?" It was like when they first started as ninja's. Naruto was always impatient but he really did grow while he was gone. They all did. Kakashi chuckled to himself smiling under his mask and gave the kids a close eyed smile. "All right, go!"

Kakashi disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Kira kept her eyes shifting all around her. Kakashi was still much better than she was after training under her older brother for the past three years. She knew he always had tricks up his sleeves and would never let you actually have the upper hand. "Below!" Sakura slammed her fist into the ground causing the ground to break apart in large chunks of rock. Kira quickly jumped closer towards Naruto away from the blast zone.

Sakura was scary strong. She was a true disciple of Lady Tsunade and it was terrifying sometimes. She even terrified Kakashi who indeed was hiding in the ground. Now was the chance! Kira manipulated her chakra to build up in her chest. She felt the burning sensation climb up her throat until she couldn't hold back anymore. She let forth a blast of fire towards her brothers direction. She cursed herself watching him dodge the attack, though she was glad he was okay and able to escape.