3. Hogwarts

Today was the day...her first day on the job.

Ingrid carried her trunk steadily against her chest towards the moonlit carriage. Dumbledore had sent for her, this year would be the first term of her teaching.

And it felt absolutely amazing. In the past 4 weeks, she had been doing nothing but studying and figuring out exactly what she was going to teach and how.

She placed her trunk in front of her, placing her feet promptly on top of it. She wore her mother's old robes of a deep color purple, with her sister's old butterfly broach. She fit the role perfectly, but her hair was naturally wavy..and difficult to put up.

So she put it down, it cast over her shoulders as the snow did over the ground in cold winters. She tapped the carriage politely, the odd skeleton-like horses guiding it. But before she could even collect herself, they began to fly.

She held on for dear life, not making a sound. Internally screaming.

They soon reached a dreary town, identical houses aligned the streets. It was raining, not the most pleasant place she'd ever been in.

The horses pulled along one of the houses, and a moment later a familiar man stepped out of the door.

Oh great! Snape the snappy.

Ingrid rolled her eyes and opened her trunk, grabbing her book for an excuse to completely ignore him.

She opened the book and began reading, it was about the anatomy of the brain...quite fascinating. But that was her opinion.

The man groaned and stepped into the carriage, the familiar smell of mint filled the air.

"Ms.Felicity."
He said, surprisingly politely.

"Snape."
She responded, turning to her designated chapter.

And awkward silence filled the carriage, they began to fly and he seemed to lean over as she began to read, he was obviously trying to see what book she was reading.

"Brain Anatomy?"
He asked, inching away once more.

"Yes."
She responded, flipping the page.

Another silence filled the carriage, he looked out to the horizon as the flew. She promptly ignored him, obviously having a good reason to also.

"I seem to have forgotten. What is your name?"
He asked, still not looking at her.

"Ingrid May."
She responded he turned to her squinting.

She sighed, looking down at her book.

"After my grandmother.."
She said, flipping the page.

"I can tell."
He responded.

Idiot.

They soon flew closer to the school, Ingrid placed her book back in her trunk and prepared for landing.

"I suppose I should warn you. This year is the annual Triwizard tournament year. Beauxbatons and Durmstrang are competing for the-"

"Triwizard cup. I know, I went here for a time. In fact.."

She turned to him, smiling.

"I may have known you."
His eyes widened as if he was attempting to remember.

When they were young, she had found a boy with long black hair crying outside of the Gryffindor common room. She had been looking for her sister, but he distracted her. He looked so distraught.

She remembered him going on and on to her-a first year. About how he and his best friend had gotten into a huge fight and he had made a horrible mistake..she didn't remember much. But she remembered that.

"I could be mistaken however. Forgive me for bringing it up."
She said, awkwardly turning away from him.

"Of course."
He mumbled.

The carriage landed, and she began to get off.

"Felicity."
She heard Snape mumble, she turned around to face him.

"Do you want to know where your classroom is or not?"
He asked, impatiently tapping his foot on the cement.

"Well, if you are going to be an arse about it I'll figure it out myself."
She said, continuing to walk.

"Wait. Felicity."
He called to her, following closely behind. She didn't answer, continuing to walk until she completely lost him.

What an ass! He thinks he's the king of the world just because he wears black, I'll show him that he cannot treat everyone like that. Especially people that do not deserve it and have been nothing but friendly.

She cascaded throughout the hallways, she found the old Hufflepuff corridor. It brought back memories...

Same smell.
Same look...
Same-oh my goodness! Is that-?

"Professor Sprout?!"
She called out, throwing her hands over her mouth.

The woman turned around, she looked almost the exact same. Her hat pointing directly upwards. She had been one of the only friends Ingrid had during her school days, and she was her professor! That says a lot about Ingrid...

"Why...Ms.Felicity? Is that you?!"
She asked, walking steadily towards her.

"I think so!"
Ingrid smiled, embracing the woman.

Ingrid had grown since she left Hogwarts all those years ago, she was now 5'7 and her hair went down to her back. When previously she was one of the smallest girls in her year and her hair in a pixie cut.

"You've grown so much! What on earth brings you to Hogwarts my dear?!"

"I'm here to teach Muggle Studies. I can't believe your still-Wow! Where has the time gone?"
She asked, looking at her old professor up and down.

"Somewhere. How's the family?"
She asked she had gone to school with Ingrid's late mother. But Ingrid didn't have the heart to tell her.

"They're....fine."
She responded, smiling slightly.

"Pomona?! Where have you gone too!"
A familiar voice asked, whisking throughout the halls.

"I think I've found someone of importance Minerva!"
She responded, smiling at Ingrid.

Minerva...
Does she mean Minerva McGonagall?

A woman with her hair in a tight bun and long black robes strolled into the corridor, Ingrid gasped.

"Why...Ingrid Felicity!"
She chirped, embracing Ingrid. Ingrid was surprised that her old professors remembered her after all those years...

"Hello Professor.."
She smiled, McGonagall pulled away and placed two hands on her shoulders.

"I'm very happy to see you again my dear. I hear your the Muggle Studies Professor?"
She smiled, examining her tall form.

"Yes, I am."
Ingrid said, lifting her trunk off the floor once more.

"And I'm assuming you do not know where your classroom is."

Ingrid nodded.

"Well we shan't hesitate to show you, come along dear."
She said, guiding Ingrid and Pamona to the classroom.

Thank goodness. Someone nice here!

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
ZOOWEEMAMA things are getting interesting aren't they!
I'm sorry if you see some 'Lions' in here..that was the characters original name...
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, half-blood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies. The Goblet Of Fire part will be the first to be published :)))