6: The boy who lived.

They each found somewhere to stand during this whole ordeal, Igor and Maxene strolled in. Ingrid avoided Igor's eyes..but he came over to where she stood.

"Hello Ingrid.."
He smiled, She smiled politely back. Scooting in Snape's direction.

"Don't get near me. I cannot help you with him."
He whispered to her, she held back the urge to giggle when Dumbledore began to speak.

"Sit down..please."

The students did so, Ingrid sat down on the staff table. Snape walking down the steps and standing where he could observe the Gryffindor table.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for.."
He began.

Pfft.

"The champion selection!"
He waved his hand, and a parchment  cane flying out of the Goblet.

He calmly unfolded it, Liona watched intently as Igor got in her space.

"The Durmstrang champion is...Viktor Krum!"
He smiled, the Durmstrang boy's smiled and cheered. Pushing Viktor towards the front of the room. Igor distracted from Ingrid and went to congratulate his student. Giving Ingrid  plenty time to find somewhere else to stand.

Dumbledore smiled as he passed, and reached his hand out for the next champion. Another sheet of parchment came flying out of the Goblet. He took it in his hands and unfolded it..

"The Beauxbatons Champion is.....Fleur Declour!"
He smiled, the Beauxbatons girls cheered and smiled as Fleur stood up. Shaking Dumbledore's hand and  towards the front of the room.

Lastly, another piece of paper came flying out of the Goblet. Dumbledore grabbed it in midair-pulling it down.

He unfolded it, and began to speak.

"And the Hogwarts champion is....Cedric Diggory!"

Ingrid beamed, he was a loyal and kind Hufflepuff that was genuinely invested in work and class. She clapped and wooted with the students, Minerva and Filius joining in.

Cedric approached the front of the room also, giving Ingrid a kind glance. Snape looked disgusted, folding his hands in front of his black robes.

"Excellent!! We now have our three champions, but in the end...only one will go down in history...one will hoist this chalice of champions...this vessel  of victory!"
Dumbledore smiled, holding his hand against his heart.

The ministry worker wheeled something to the front of the room, covered with a thin purple sheet. Ingrid knew exactly what it was, and recalled seeing it before.

"The triwizard cup!"
The sheet flung off of the trophy as Dumbledore excitedly shouted.

Igor intently looked at the cup, smiling a wicked smile. Ingrid looked up, noticing an odd glowing coming from the Goblet of fire. She stepped down the stairs to get a better look.

It began to make noise, she gasped as another piece of parchment came flying  out of the large Goblet.

Dumbledore walked cautiously towards it, picking up the parchment in midair. He gently opened it, likely fearing a curse.

".....Harry Potter..HARRY POTTER?!"
He called out to the crowd. Ingrid's  heart raced, the silly Gryffindor from her second lesson couldn't be-

A cheat?

Certainly he was the boy who lived but, did he have to be so conceited about it. Only people with deathwishes sign up for the triwizard cup. Plus, she was sure Dumbledore had placed some aging charm on it...that would make it impossible.