36: Slug Club

The next morning, Ingrid left the hospital wing. Getting dressed and ready for the day.

Her nerves where all over the place, and she felt absolutely terrible. Soon breakfast came, and Ingrid strolled into the Greathall. Hungry as could be.

Her eyes fell on Severus, who sat staring straight ahead. An unreadable expression crossing his features, Ingrid's heart automatically began to beat faster.

It wasn't even clarified, yet it felt like it was. She just knew...call it foolish. But she did.

Ingrid looked at the gryffindor table, before taking a breath of relief.

Quidditch. Thank goodness.

She knew with quidditch, most students would be outside. Giving her time to plan or more importantly

Think.

It was Gryffindor against Slytherin, which meant that Severus would possibly be there.

It didn't matter where he was, as long as it wasn't near her.

She couldn't bring herself to tell him what she suspected, feeling the man already had been through enough emotional toil. And deserves no more.

She purposefully didn't sit next to him, picking the spot to the left of him. Next to Minerva and Horace Slughorn, she greeted them accordingly.

"Morning Horace, Minerva."
She smiled, sitting down.

"Good morning Ingrid! I heard you fainted, oh how distraught Severus was at dinner last night...how are you feeling?"
Horace asked, over evaluating.

"I'm feeling..just fine."
Ingrid made eye contact with Severus, who lowered his eyebrows at her odd behavior.

Minerva nodded her a good morning also, before Ingrid began to eat. It was silent at the table for a few moments, before Horace jumped. Remembering something.

"Oh! Ingrid! Before I forget, I wanted to invite you to my Christmas party. As a new member of the slug club."
He said this intensely, Ingrid smiled and fake gasped. Pretending to be happily shocked.

"Woah! Thank you very much Horace."
She beamed, taking a sip of wine out of her goblet.

"Of course dear, be on the look out for my owl! You also Severus."
He smiled to Severus, who didn't bother looking up from his plate.

"You are to bring a plus one, so you two will fit in quite well!"
He smiled, before getting up from his seat and walking away.

Ingrid sat awkwardly for a few moments, Minerva giggling at her side. Severus continuing to stare at his plate.

Just then, Ingrid felt a lurch in her stomach. She was going to be sick...

Again!

She placed her hand over her mouth and stood abruptly up, walking hurriedly out of the hall and into the girls lavatory.

She slammed herself in the stall and vomited in the toilet, she groaned and stood back up. Flushing the terrible mess...

She wiped her mouth and washed her face, planning to go back up to her classroom and brush her teeth.

She checked her stopwatch, it was only 7:00. And the Quidditch game didn't even start until 8.

I should go see Madame Pomfrey, at least while I can.
She thought to herself, before exiting the stall. She looked at the mirror.