21: An entirely new era

Ingrid sipped her tea at their tiny old family table, she had prepared it for herself before she set on her journey.

The summer had been absolutely boring, not many people had came to the store. Not even Severus...

The kiss they had shared before she had left made her think she meant something to him, but she was fooled. He was probably just pretending-as most of her formal boyfriends did.

She placed her teacup down, silencing all of her thoughts. She got up and placed it into the sink, walking into her room and grabbing her newly packed trunk.

Amanda still hadn't returned, and Ingrid didn't expect her to. She had closed off her side of the room, that way she wouldn't have to be constantly reminded of what could've been.

She walked out of the room. Looking out of the kitchen window, to her surprise...the carriage was already there. She smiled and walked down the stairs.

She took out her wand and flicked the lights off, walking out of the door. She stepped into the carriage and placed her trunk inside, she tapped on it twice. Prompting it to begin to fly.

"Boo."
A voice called from next to her, she jumped looking frantically around.

To her surprise, Severus sat next to her. A completely straight face, she gasped..not knowing what to do.

"Ooh! You scared me goodness..."
She laughed and tucked her hair nervously behind her ear.

"I know. That's what made it fun."
He smirked, she rolled her eyes.

"Same old Severus."
She shrugged, turning to face him.

"Same old Ingrid."
He replied, cupping her face in his hands.

Ingrid smiled and noticed that the carriage was in fact not going in the direction of hogwarts, she pulled away. Looking down.

"Where on earth are we going?"
She asked, looking around.

"I suppose to pick up the new Defense against the dark arts professor."
He mumbled, playing with his sleeve.

"Oh. I thought you'd be getting that post this term."
She observed, looking to him.

"I did also....but, they wanted someone from the ministry. A new requirement."

Ingrid's eyes widened, What on earth did the ministry have to do with hogwarts? She had read the article that Skeeter had published, but figured the minister would eventually come to his senses.

But why on earth did they need to interfere with hogwarts? Hogwarts pays no homage to this, except for the boy who lived.

"That is absolutely ridiculous...Severus?"
She asked, he turned his head.

"Yes?"

"Do you think You know who is back?"
She asked, crossing her legs.

He opened his mouth, as if to begin to say something. But he quickly closed it, hands balling into tight fists.

"Certainly. But I see no reason to discuss it.."

Ingrid nodded, turning in his opposite direction. The carriage had begun to land, right in front of a large brick area. Ingrid observed the statues lining the outside, this was most certainly the ministry.

Through the darkness, a figure surfaced. Adorned in all pink, with four rather large trunks.

"Oh bugger. Severus scoot over."
She instructed, he lowered his eyebrows.