9: Dance preparation.

It had been another two days...Ingrid had been calmly eating at breakfast, when Severus leaned over to ask her a question.

"You are aware of todays....dance preparations?"
He asked, taking a sip out of his cup.

"Oh yes, I suppose I'll be marking during that time."

The first lesson of the day would be dedicated to teaching the students how to dance, the house leaders would be taking their students to their corridors.

Ingrid smirked imagining Severus attempting to teach the students how to dance, it really would be funny.

"Well, I absolutely refuse to teach those hormonal adolescents how to dance alone..so, if you would like to join me?"
He asked fairly stiffly, avoiding all eye contact with her.

"Oh, sure! Why not.."
She replied, smiling slightly.

Dancing...
In front of the entire Slytherin common room....
What did I just agree to?!?

"Good. Thank you Felicity."
He nodded, before politely standing up and leaving his seat.

Ingrid sat nervously, tapping her fingers anxiously on the table.

Good god...I need to get my good shoes on!

She got up shortly afterwards, Minerva stopping her as she began to walk out of the greathall.

"I heard..good luck."
She whispered, before smiling and walking away.

Ingrid returned to her quarters, putting on her flats and taking off her extensive dark blue cloak. She walked calmly down to the corridor before the dungeons, half of the slytherin students where already there. Chatting per usual.

Severus sat in a chair next to the small record player, patiently waiting for her arrival. She walked calmly over and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Thank goodness."
He said, looking up at her.

He examined her outfit, without her cloak she only had on a short sleeve blue dress..which is probably the least she's ever worn in front of students.

"...You may start when you must...I'll play the music."
He cleared his throat and looked back down at his book. Ingrid nodded and lowered her eyebrows, approaching the center of the room.

Having absolutely no idea what she was doing.

"Students! Students!! Please quiet down."
She called out, raising her hands in the air.

They seemed to all talk louder, stumbling around their seats. Ingrid called out a few more times, yet nothing happened.

"SILENCE."
Severus commanded, Ingrid smiled and nodded to him.

"Thank you Professor. Now then, you are most likely all wondering why you where summoned at this hour..well, to sum it up perfectly...I will be teaching you how to do the traditional waltz, for the coming Yule Ball."

The boys of the room groaned, shaking their heads in disgust. The girls gasped and quickly began to gossip amongst themselves, Ingrid placed her hands in the air to silence the students once more.

"Right then, I need a volunteer to help me demonstrate."
She looked about the room, her eyes fell on Draco Malfoy..who was happily making fun of her with his friends.

Hah. He thinks I won't notice.
She thought to herself, before outstretching her arm.

"Mr.Malfoy! Come along."
She said, he turned to her..a embarrassed and shocked expression on his face.