18: Barty Crouch Jr.

Ingrid ran into her classroom, slamming the door after her. She slumped down in her seat and proceeded to cry into her hands.

A stiff knock surfaced on her door, she didn't call out. She just sat there, continuing to cry...knowing she could've done more.

"Ingrid May Felicity if you do not open this door, I will."
The monotone voice filled her ears, the voice of the man she so deeply cared about.

She replied with a sob, she heard a sigh from behind the door. He opened it, stepping calmly inside.

"Oh Ingrid. Ingrid Ingrid Ingrid.."
He exclaimed, walking towards her.

She lifted her head from her hands, only to see him place his arms around her.

She softly continued to sob, feeling horrible guilt. If she hadn't listened to Moody...maybe things would've been different.

"Hush. What troubles you? What troubles you.."
He asked, softly wiping her tears away with a handkerchief.

"This is my fault..if I hadn't listened to Allastor-"

"Ingrid this is not your fault. It is nobody's fault, nobody's but whoever is responsible for the boy's death."

He shook her lightly, attempting to reassure her.

Why was he comforting her?
Why did he care so much..

"I just feel-"

"Horrible. But you must accept this, it is not your fault. You didn't kill him. You didn't choose for this to happen."
He pointed his finger at her, she nodded.

"I understand you cared for the child. This is a tragedy, but you had nothing to do with it. Promise me you'll stop fretting about this."
He placed his hand calmly on her cheek, wiping away the last of her falling tears.

Why was he-?

"I-I promise...I'm such a child.."
She mumbled, facepalming.

He moved her hand away from her face, looking into her eyes.

"Last time I checked you where a twenty nine year old woman."
He smirked, she smiled and shook her head.

Why was he doing this..why did he care?!?

"Severus..you didn't have to do this."
She told him, moving a strand of hair away from her face.

"Of course I did. This is what close friends do for eachother am I correct?"
He asked, placing another hand on her cheek.

Ouch. This is the worst time to be friendzoned...

"Yes"
She laughed.

Then he smiled, an actual genuine smile. Ingrid's heart soared, she smiled in return...and watched as he slowly leaned towards her, so much so that their noses touched, Ingrid took a breath in.

Was this going to happen? Or was he just-

"INGRID! SEVERUS!"
Minerva burst through the door, Severus pulling sharply away from her.