14. Second Task

Four days....it had been four days, and Ingrid and Severus hadn't spoken at all.

He hadn't said hello, or asked about her day as he usually did..she just caught him awkwardly staring at her occasionally, but that was it.

Ingrid knew how she felt about him, and it hurt her heart to have him ignore her. The students had calmed down, which was nice..and she was able to teach more efficiently.

But she found herself worrying about Severus more than anything else, would he talk to her? Would he even speak to her after what she did?

Ingrid sighed and continued searching the shelves for the Muggle MP3 player, she had just purchased it in London..promptly skipping Christmas for the year.

Severus hadn't even said goodbye to her when she returned to her families old flat, Ingrid worked on Christmas Day and throughout the day afterwards..knowing many of the students stayed for the holiday.

Whilst reaching for the device, she remembered that the second task would be taking place on that day. She rolled her eyes before grabbing it and pulling it off of the high shelf.

She carried it over to her desk and sat it down, pulling blank parchments out of her drawer. She carried them and placed them on each desk, preparing for the next lesson.

Suddenly, a stiff knock surfaced on her door. She looked up, and Severus stood leaning up against it.

"Afternoon."
He mumbled, playing with his sleeve.

Ingrid began to blush, returning to handing out the parchments. He was very handsome, as much as she absolutely hated to admit it.

"Good afternoon."
She replied, returning to her desk and sitting down.

"What are you sitting down for? We have to be at the lake in half an hour."
He observed, stepping into the room.

Her eyes widened, she wasn't aware of this. She had been given little information on the details of the task, yet she knew it had something to do with swimming.

"Oh-I wasn't aware."
She said, before standing back up.

"Of course you weren't."
He snarled, Ingrid shot him a hurt look and began to walk towards the door to her quarters.

"....Ingrid look-"
He began, reaching his hand lightly out to her.

"I apologize for not speaking to you...things just got...."

"Busy?"
She finished for him, he nodded stiffly.

"Right then. I need to change, there is no use in hanging around. I'll only slow you down."
She observed, turning the knob.

She stepped inside and closed the door, throwing off her robes and putting on a black winters dress with boots. Something that was fairly stylish, and would keep her warm.

When she stepped back out, Severus was still standing there. She rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"And your still here because?"
She asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Because. I want to catch up with you. I'm not as insufferable and impolite as all may think Ingrid, I thought you'd be clever enough to see that."

Ingrid pursed her lips, having never heard him speak like that before. He had yelled and been sarcastic around her, but never defended himself. He usually just stood around and took the blows, but not from Ingrid.

"You're right."
She sighed, before walking to where he was standing.

"Contrary to popular belief, you are a good person."
She smiled, before happily exiting the room. Severus following shortly after her.