27: Confession

The holiday passed quickly, soon the week after passed...and now it was January 1st. Ingrid's Birthday.

She had chosen not to celebrate it the past year, with the absence of her sister it seemed pointless. Who would even care?

Soon enough, just as she had expected...Umbridge had gained control of the School. Now granted the post of headmistress. Ingrid swore she'd never seen a nosier woman.

She still insisted on spending time with Ingrid, for a reason unknown. Inviting her to tea fairly often, yet Ingrid avoided this.

It was intense at hogwarts, with more rules going up every day. Apparently a group of students (Including Harry Potter of course) had formed a army in Dumbledore's favor. And the minister had mistaken it for Dumbledore's attempt to take his job. That was at least what Minerva said, or ranted.

The pictures on the wall where taken away, Hogwarts becoming more tense and stricter. Students hated it, yet Ingrid attempted to make light of every situation. She needed to stay strong for the students.

Ingrid was also shocked and saddened at Dumbledore's absence, but life goes on. And she needed to teach..

However, she was in a terrible mood. Severus hadn't spoken to her much since the kiss they'd shared before leaving for the holiday, and she found herself thinking about him more than usual.

She had memorized his voice, the way he walked...his eyes...that large cloak....good godric that cloak.

Ingrid's day had passed quickly, and she decided that evening to go and speak to Severus. Even for a short while, she missed being around him...she'd had to sit with Flitwick every night at dinner.

And she couldn't deny that he was very nice also, but she missed Severus.

Oh good godric Ingrid, you have it terrible.

She strolled through the corridors, before hearing soft crying near the courtyard.

What on earth-

Umbridge had been getting crueler by the day, with new inventions to hurt the students. And her illfaced punishments, they where children! Ingrid never stuck up for them however, not wanting to get in trouble with Dumbledore.

She walked towards the source of the crying, rounding a corner. And then she saw it...

Brian Darcy, a sweet little Gryffindor boy...bawling his eyes out on a little bench. Ingrid gasped and rushed to his side. Quickly wrapping an arm around him.

"Shh...what happened darling what happened?"
She asked, he simply sniffled and held out his hand.

I will not chatter in class
Was inscribed on his little hand. Blood dripping down.

Ingrid's eyes widened and she took her wand from her pocket, she waved her hand..placing a soothing charm on the boy's wound. He nodded a thank you and continued to cry.

Ingrid felt absolutely terrible, how could Dolores! Under her nose also! She had suspected-Severus had warned her...yet she did nothing. NOTHING.

Ingrid heard footsteps, she turned to see both of the Weasley twins walking her way. She looked to the crying boy and to them.

"Oh blimey. Brian what's wrong?"
George asked, sitting down next to him.

Ingrid subtly pointed out the wound on his hand, George gasped and nodded. Fred walking to the other side of him.

Ingrid stood up, preparing to go speak to Severus.