38: Bell.

Ingrid woke up three mornings later, this time..to no sunlight.

"Rrrugghhh."
She groaned, already feeling the morning nausea her pregnancy has brought her.

She flung the covers off, sitting promptly up on the bed.

"Someone's awake."
Said a voice, coming from the other room.

"You betcha.."
She groaned again, rubbing her eyes.

"Bathroom door is open. Just in case."
He-or Severus, peeked his head from the doorframe.

She nodded and stood up, blinking a few times. Severus's quarters where very boring, compared to Ingrid's of course..she had posters and little Muggle souvenirs everywhere.

There-however, was just a bedroom..bathroom and kitchen area. A kitchen area that was never used- at least.

Severus didn't tend to keep much in his possession, not valuing any object over the other.

The past three nights had been a granted, especially since Ingrid didn't have the burden of running into any of her other co-workers going back to her classroom. So far.

She had come awfully close to running into Minerva, but took the right turn in the corridor instead.

A sudden lurch in her stomach made her take a mad dash into the bathroom, throwing up in the toilet.

She breathed a sigh of relief, knowing she probably wouldn't have to worry about it until the next morning.

She flushed it and exited the room, casting a scent charm as she did so. Severus sat calmly on the bed, putting on his usual black shoes.

Ingrid never understood how he got dressed so quickly, especially since there were so many layers.

And she could barely even put on her robes without falling over.

Soon enough she wouldn't be able to put on her robes-at all.

Her eyes widened at this thought.

"Are you really just going to stand there with barely any clothes on?"
Severus asked, snapping Ingrid out of her little trance.

"Pfft. It's nothing you haven't seen before now is it?"
She asked, smiling sheepishly.

He looked her up and down, before turning a deep color of pink. As he palways did when she said something cocky.

"I'm joking, scoot."
Ingrid smiled, falling onto the bed head first.

He sighed, placing a hand on her lower back.

"You need to get dressed Ing."
He insisted, she shook her head.

Ing had been the nickname he made for her recently, she returned the favor by calling him 'Sev' once in awhile.

"But it's Saturday. Isn't this our day off?"
She mumbled into the covers, feeling him lay next to her.

"Professors do not get a day off. You should know that, you've only worked here for three years already."
Ingrid turned her head towards him, hair falling in front of her face.

"And how long have you worked here?"
She asked, intrigued.

He lowered his eyebrows and rolled over on his back, beginning to count on his fingers.

"I'd say....this year would be my fourteenth."

Ingrid lowered her eyebrows.

"And how many spouses have you had?"
She asked, he sighed.