25: Possibility

Ingrid walked slowly towards the door, not sure if she wanted to open it.

It could be Minerva, or Filius. Or anyone else but Severus...please let it not be Severus...

She reached her hand out, opening the door slowly. Severus stood tall with his hands behind his back, Ingrid shut the door.

"Go away."
She told him.

"There is only one thing I've learned from 'going away' and I'm not attempting to repeat the lesson."
He replied, opening the door and walking into the room.

She sighed and strutted back over to her desk, she sat down and began to mark some of the students assignments. Looking for any excuse to ignore him.

"Ingrid, I don't expect you to forgive me. I led you on, Ive been a terrible-"

She looked up from the parchment with narrowed eyes, he drew back. Opening his mouth to say something, but quickly closing it.

"....friend...."
He continued, looking out of the window at the snowy white grounds.

"However.....I just want you to see something. Something from a long, long time ago."

Ingrid's eyebrows lowered, placing down her quill.

"What?"
She asked, folding her hands on top of her desk.

"Occlumency, use Occlumency on me. I give you my permission.."
He insisted, turning to face her.

Ingrid opened her mouth to protest, but closed it.

"Severus I'm not sure if I-"

"Just do it! Please."
He pleaded, motioning to her wand.

She lowered her eyebrows and nodded, taking her wand off of the desk. She flicked it slightly at him, mumbling the word.

"Legilimens."
And with another flick of her wand, she was witnessing his memories.

-Flashback-

It was cloudy, not a usual day at hogwarts. Ingrid Felicity walked the corridors looking for her sister. The two where supposed to pack, for they would be leaving for the summer fairly soon.

She started up the stairs, her long hufflepuff robes following after her. She hummed a tune from her favorite musical...tapping her fingers on the railings as she walked.

She was almost to her destination when she was stopped by Dumbledore. Her Headmaster.

"Good afternoon Ingrid."
He smiled, greeting her politely.

"Good afternoon Professor! You wouldn't have happened to see Amanda anywhere would you?"
She asked, brushing her sharp growing bangs out of her eyes.

"No, I haven't. You should try the common room, that's usually where those Gryffindors spend their time."
He insisted, still smiling at the girl.

"I will! Thank you sir."
She replied, before running up the stairs in a hurry. Hoping she'd have time to finish her potions essay if she returned quickly enough.

She ran up the stairs until coming across the painting of the fat lady, Amanda stood behind it. Speaking to a Slytherin boy from her year.

"I've already told you Severus! I cannot let you in, even if I wanted to Lily will kill me!"

"But you don't understand! I have to apologize to her. She's my best friend."
The boy insisted, tears falling down his cheeks.

"You already have apologized! And I'm sorry Severus, but she doesn't forgive you. What you did was terrible you know that?"

"Of course I know that! If I didn't why would I be trying to apologize!! Please Manda.."
He pleaded, Amanda shook her head.

"Don't bring up that terrible nickname. I don't help Slytherins."
She slammed the portrait, leaving the poor boy to cry next to it.

Ingrid cocked her head to get a better look at the boy, his skin was as white as falling snow. With shoulder length black hair and nearly black eyes, which where fairly difficult to see through the tears.

She knew him as a fifth year slytherin, a friend of her sisters friend...Lily, if she was remembering correctly. But why was he crying? No one should cry! Especially when summer is beginning in a short three days.

She approached him, forgetting all about her potions homework..and her sister.

"Hi there."
She chirped, looking down on him.

He sniffled and wiped his tears with his long cardigan sleeves, he looked up to her.

"Hi."
He responded, hugging his knees to his chest.

"Why are you crying?"
She asked, adjusting her hufflepuff headband.

"I-it's a really long s-story..you wouldn't understand, your a first year." 
He responded, burying his face in his hands.

"Well why don't you make it short."
She smiled, reaching her hand out to him.

He looked up from his knees and at her, he grabbed her hand and pulled himself up on it.

They walked into a corridor, she listened as he explained the entire scenario. Nodding her head slightly.

"And then I called her a.....a-a mudblood...and I tried to apologize and now she hates me! And Potter is after me more than ever before, and I did nothing to him...and I-"
He wiped more tears with his sleeves,  Ingrid felt the greatest sympathy for him. He had made a mistake and deserved to be forgiven, why couldn't she forgive him?

"Do you need a hug?"
She asked, as he continued to cry.

He nodded slightly, Ingrid..(despite being quite short) gave him a sympathetic hug.

He wrapped his arms around her in return and continued to cry. Ingrid had done this for a few of her friends, she had very little of them however..

She pressed away from him, patting him lightly on the shoulder.

"You certainly are nice for a first year."
He smiled, tears still glimmering a bit in his eyes.

"Well this doesn't say Hufflepuff for no reason."
She replied, proudly showing off her house crest.

The two laughed for a moment, before Ingrid's stopwatch began to go off. She checked her wrist and gasped.

"Oh goodness! It's after hours! I need to find my sister."
She ran towards the corridors door, but felt a hand on her arm.

"I didn't get your name-"
He said, clutching her arm.

"Ingrid Felicity. And you are?"
She asked, swooping her bangs off to the side.

"Severus Snape."
He replied, smiling slightly.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance Severus."
She smiled, before running off to find her sister.

Amanda.

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
OwO memoriesss
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, halfblood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies.