4. More faces

Ingrid sat in her new classroom, unpacking everything.

Professor McGonagall, or Minerva as she instructed Ingrid to call her, spoke to Ingrid about the time dinner was each night and when she should wake up each morning.

They spent two hours catching up, before the students started to arrive. I watched eagerly as they got out of the boats and stepped onto the grounds, some for the first time and some for the next.

It was genuinely amazing, watching students and not having to worry about being one. Ingrid stood up, her long robes following after her. She wrote the lesson she'd be teaching on the chalkboard, placing the Muggle artifact on her desk.

It was called a globe and was used to map out the Muggle world. That would be their first unit, the Muggle world. Since most of the students where born and/or raised in the Wizarding World, it wouldn't hurt to learn a bit about the opposite.

A stiff knock surfaced on the door, she turned her head. Dumbledore was slumped up against the door, smiling at Ingrid.

"Hello there. I figured you'd be here by now, you took the carriage with Severus correct?"

Ingrid mentally rolled her eyes at the thought of the git-like man.

"Oh. Yes, him."
She said, smiling and continuing to write the rest of the lesson down.

"He's grown quite fond of you. In fact he was just speaking about you."
He said, walking and looking around the classroom.

"I'm sure he was!"
She said, plastering a fake smile across her lips.

"Anywho, along with the student's arrival there will be two more schools arriving this year to take part in the Triwizard tournament, which I'm sure you've heard of. In fact..here they are now!"
He pointed to the window, I walked over and looked out.

A large carriage flying through the sky approached the courtyard and landed, a ship coming up from the lake. Ingrid smiled, and watched the students wave hello to the strangers.

"Thank you for telling me. It sounds like great fun."
She smiled, turning to Dumbledore.

"Alright well we best be off to the Greathall, dinner begins shortly."
He responded, offering his arm politely.

Ingrid took it and closed the door to my classroom, walking down the stairs and into the great hall. Fellow professors waited there for them, an extremely tall man with an even larger beard approached them.

"Ello, Albus! Ye care to tell us who this new face is?"
He said, motioning to Ingrid.

She smiled and reached out her hand for the man to shake.

"My name is Ingrid Felicity, and I will be the Muggle Studies teacher for the year."
The man smiled and took her hand, he gave it a good shake.

"Ello Ingrid! My name is Rubeus Hagrid. Hagrid is fine though."

She smiled and placed her hand back at her side. Dumbledore smiled.

"Hagrid, in fact why don't you introduce Ingrid to the rest of our staff? I have some business to attend to."

Hagrid nodded and walked over to the rest of the staff table, She was introduced to Filius Flitwick, and a few other professors. She had already seen Minerva and Pomona, and of course...