13. The Dance

Ingrid stood frozen for a few moments, before placing her hand subconsciously in his..and allowing him to pull her out into the moonlight.

The music echoed through the corridor like a dream, him placing his hands quietly on her waist. And her placing her hands around his neck.

It was awkward at first, and the two just lightly swayed back and fourth.

Whatthehellwhatthehellwhatthehell
She kept repeating to herself, thinking maybe it would do something.

Eventually Severus said something, something she'd never forget.

"This is odd."
He exclaimed, Ingrid let out a slow giggle and nodded.

"Why on earth are we doing this?"
He asked, looking down at her.

"You asked!"
She smiled, preparing for him to let go of her at any second. But he didn't, they just kept swaying.

The third verse came up, and Severus gave her a awkward twirl. Giving her goosebumps.

This is 4th year all over again..

She cringed at the thought of the terrible encounter with that Gryffindor.

But this isn't that encounter...
This man means something to me...
I should enjoy it..

And in that second, all of the awkwardness in the world disintegrated. Leaving just him and Ingrid, dancing in the third corridor.

Ingrid stared away from him, knowing if she even made the least bit of eye contact-she'd turn bright red.

"It is very impolite to not make eye contact with your opponent during a dance."
He speculated, smirking down at her.

She awkwardly looked up, making eye contact. She turned bright red and quietly smiled, he simply rolled his eyes and continued to dance about the corridor with her.

Before she could stop herself, she had placed her head on his shoulder. He didn't pull away, and he didn't attempt to stop her. He just stood there, continuing to softly sway.

Ingrid, What in Merlin's beard are you doing?!?

Shut up, let me enjoy this.

She felt like an idiot, she took her head off of his shoulder. Smiling lightly and humming the last chorus.

The music faded out, leaving them  standing there. Looking at eachother as if they had nothing else to look at, Ingrid took her hand away and pulled her sleeves back up to her wrists.

"That.."
He began, but closed his mouth.

"Come on then. We need to get back."
She smiled, beginning to walk back to the greathall.

He followed silently after her, they eventually reached the greathall. Ingrid smiled upon seeing her students slow dancing to the last song of the night, she turned to face Severus.

"I'd best be getting to bed. Thank you for putting up with me."
She smiled, nodding her head slightly.

"You...you are welcome."
He responded, Ingrid nodded again and began to walk towards the stairs.

"Ingrid wait."
He called, she turned around.

"You look astonishing..if you didn't already know."

Ingrid felt a blush festering on her cheeks, she smiled and tugged on her sleeve nervously. She nodded him one last goodbye and stepped calmly up the stairs, taking in the nights events...

One by one.

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, halfblood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies. The Goblet Of Fire part will be the first to be published :)))