23: Nuisance

Severus had avoided Ingrid since that night, barely speaking to her..and avoiding all contact in general.

She didn't know what she had been expecting, of course Dumbledore put an end to it. He was the Headmaster, and coworkers weren't supposed to have relationships within the workplace.

Dolores had seemed to be taking over the school, now posting new rules in the corridor by the greathall. Ingrid hated them, thinking they where too extreme..especially for a school of teenagers.

However, Dolores still acted as if they where best friends. Ingrid had begun to shut her down often, which made her hate Ingrid to all description. She was a cruel and vile woman, and Ingrid despised her for it.

Severus had acted as if Ingrid never knew him, as if nothing had happened. Returning to his emotionless aura, an aura that Ingrid hated.

She was heartbroken, but had to remain strong. The students needed a teacher, especially since Dolores refused to play the roll.

She knew how the students weren't being taught the correct things, but figured Dumbledore would do something about it.

Ingrid's lessons where going very nicely, students where preparing for the Muggle theory O.W.L.S. She gave them every resource they needed to pass, along with notes and quizzes every so often.

There was no doubt in her mind that they'd do terrifically, she even succeeded in getting the Weasley twins to be interested in her class. The Weasleys frequently asked questions, they'd always blame the questions on their father, but Ingrid knew they where actually their questions.

Or where they?

Everything was orderly, at least...until Dolores came in with a Ministry clipboard. Right in the middle of Ingrid giving instructions..

The hell is she doing here?

Ingrid ignored her, continuing to teach. But soon the toad like woman cleared her throat, directing the entires class towards her.

"Good afternoon Ingrid. I see your teaching the students about a....big box!"
She chirped, gesturing to the large washing machine in the front of the classroom.

Ingrid nodded, wishing she could just continue to teach in peace.

"Oh yes, this is a washing machine. It washes Muggle clothing, without the aid of magic of course. Would you like to see?"
She asked, placing her hand on top of it.

"Hah! No. Quite a fascinating subject, could you tell me something about Muggle jobs?"

Ingrid lowered her eyebrows, before crossing away from the machine and sitting on her desk.

"Well. They work the same way as ours do, except they are different. For example, instead of Ministry jobs..you have the simple job of working at a chip store!"
The classroom giggled, Dolores's eyebrows lowered as she promptly smiled in return.

"Well maybe you should consider looking into a job such as that, seeming that you will not be staying here for much longer!"
She giggled and checked off something on her clipboard, the class oo'ed and turned back to Ingrid.

This illfaced toad, she think she can come into THIS school and mess with ITS students.

Ingrid crossed her legs, shrugging slightly.

"Oh please keep talking Dolores! Maybe you'll say something intelligent."

The students gasped, Dolores's mouth gaping wide open. Ingrid shrugged again and climbed off of her desk, beginning to teach again.