12. The ball.

It was Saturday...and here Ingrid was...standing in front of the mirror. Debating on whether or not she should go.

I already promised Igor...and Severus.

She shook her head and placed on her white heels, tying her long blonde hair in a braid that went down to her lower back.

She felt beautiful, there was no doubt..but no one else would think she was beautiful. At least not-never mind.

She grabbed a golden locket from her keepsake case, a case filled with her most cherished items. This locket had a picture of her whole family in it, a Christmas gift from her mother from when she was fourteen.

She placed it on her neck, now she was ready to leave. She awkwardly shuffled out of the room, walking calmly down the stairs. She stopped at a certain corridor, hearing the voices of the students nearby.

She silently looked out, Potter and Weasley where standing on the last step. Whispering to one another, everyone else seemed to be doing their own thing. Ingrid made her way down the steps, attempting to not fall.

Potter took a moment to look at her, nodding her a hello. The rest of the students admired her dress, whispering and mumbling to one another.

Ingrid then reached the bottom, walking calmly towards the greathalls entrance. Minerva was walking out of the doors herself, accidentally bumping into Ingrid in the process.

"Oh my! Ingrid...look at you!"
She looked at Ingrid up and down, admiring her dress and figure.

"You look beautiful dear."
She told her, placing her hand lightly on her shoulders.

"Thank you pro-Minerva."
Ingrid smiled in return, Minerva nodded and gave a panicked look.

"Now I need to organize the champions. Before they make a fool out of themselves."
She rolled her eyes as she said this, Liona smiled and nodded. Walking slowly into the greathall.

Severus and Pomona stood quietly with the rest of the staff, Ingrid breathed a breath of relief and walked towards them. Dumbledore got to her first however-

"Hello Ingrid."
He smiled.

"Hello Albus, I apologize for being for being so late.."

"No matter, you look splendid."
He smiled, before walking in her opposite direction.

Ingrid smiled in return and went to stand next to Severus, her fellow colleagues saying hello and complimenting her in the process.

Severus didn't lift his eyes off of her for one moment though, he examined her eyes and figure. Ingrid stood quietly next to him..

Say something Ingrid..

"Good evening.."
She smiled to him, he took one look at her and automatically turned completely white. As if he had seen Nearly Headless Nick for the first time as a first year..

"...............Evening....."
He mumbled, staring down at his folded hands.

They stood in silence for a little while, their colleagues speaking around them. Ingrid felt awkward, why on earth had she come here anyway?

Soon trumpets began to toot, the band striking up for the champions. They walked in the door, arm in arm with their dates. Ingrid smiled at seeing Cedric and Cho, they sat next to eachother in her class.

She'd never seen a boy more in love.

Potter looked horrified, clutching the arm of Padma Patil. The champions shuffled to their postitions, placing their hands awkwardly on their dates shoulders and waists. Potter obviously had no idea what was going on and awkwardly shuffled along to the music.