24: Approval

As Christmas was approaching, more rules where going up on the walls..

Ingrid avoided Dolores, and Severus. She took no time to read the rules on the wall, feeling it was a waste of time. Plus, it was only a matter of time before the walking muffin would go back to wherever she came from.

Severus on the other hand, was a lot more difficult to avoid. Considering they sat together at every meal, and Minerva was making sure to ask Ingrid a lot of questions.

To which she usually responded with an 'I dunno' or an 'I'm not sure'. Ingrid still felt heartbroken and lost, not being able to just stop caring about.

She wondered why she fell for him anyway, he was smart and witty and good looking..(in her taste anyway.)

And his voice, good lord his voice. She could listen to it all day and not get tired of it. Ingrid had been alone for most of her life anyway, and that's how she liked it...

Alone.

Ingrid strolled to the greathall, walking towards the staff table and taking a seat.

Severus wasn't there yet, however...Dolores was. Happily sipping her tea to Ingrid's left. Ingrid tried her best to ignore the woman, despite her tiny giggles.

"Good morning."
A voice called from beside her, she looked around before her eyes rested on the man behind her.

Dumbledore stood smiling at her, Dolores turned also.

"Need something Albus?"
She asked, batting her eyelashes like a prissy little child.

"No. Dolores. I just would like to speak to Ingrid for a moment, if you do not mind."
He replied, sarcastically.

Ingrid nodded and stood from her chair, Dumbledore smiled and nodded in the direction of his office.

"Come. Let's speak somewhere a little more private."
He observed, obviously hinting at Dolores.

He guided her up the stairs and through some corridors, before finding the large Phoenix Statue and pausing in front of it.

"Sherbet Lemon."
He said, flicking his fingers in an odd way.

A large spiral staircase surfaced, he began to walk up it. Ingrid following shortly afterwards..

Oh bloody hell...is he going to dismiss her?!

Ingrid began to get wary, hoping that he wouldn't take away her job just because of something she said to Dolores...or maybe it was about her and Severus.

Oh please let it not be about me and Severus...
She thought to herself, as Dumbledore instructed her to sit down in a chair in front of his desk.

"Well then. Care for a Licorice twist?"
He asked, gesturing to the glass bowl.

"No thank you."
She smiled, sitting a little more upwards in her chair.

"Alright. I suppose you know why we are here.."
He began, folding his hands in a polite manner.

Great, I'm going to be dismissed.

"You and I both know Severus is an open book. No amount of Occlumency is needed to solve his puzzle..."

I beg to differ.
She thought, mentally rolling her eyes.

"And it is clear to me now, that you mean a great deal to him."

Ingrid nodded, twiddling her thumbs nervously.

"However-I must caution you-"

He placed his hands on the table, leaning forward.

"There are some things about Severus that you will find out. And I'm not exactly keen on how you may take them.."
Ingrid lowered her eyebrows, pondering whether or not to ask what he meant.

"And of course there is the threat of the ministry. I'm not so sure they are fond of work place romance, for they have had to deal with it for years. Aurors falling in love left and right.."
He observed, waving his hands around slightly.

Ingrid's eyes widened.

Love

She wasn't sure to define it as love. That was a word she hadn't heard since her sister left, and her mother never bothered to say it to her after their father left.

Was she really in love with him? She hadn't thought to define it in that manner, but it felt right.

"But I truly doubt they would care so much, especially if you two are quiet about it-"

Wait huh? This is going really fast..

"Sir.."
Ingrid began, but was quickly interrupted.

"Do not fret. I've already had this conversation with Severus, consider this my approval."
He patted her shoulder lightly, leaving the room.

What. The. Hell.

Ingrid stood up, walking towards the door. She opened it and walked down the stairs, promptly returning to her classroom.

The entire day was a blur, she taught her usual planned lessons..yet something felt different. And she couldn't help but wonder..

Did she really love him?

It was an awkward subject, difficult for her to think about. He was perfect in every way to her, but that probably was just her.

When the day ended, Ingrid stood up from her desk. Preparing to go and pack, she was planning on staying at her old house.

Working and skipping Christmas as usual.

However, she was interrupted by a knock on her door..

Do I really want to answer this?

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
OH HOH HOHHH
Who's at the doooor?
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, halfblood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies. THIS IS THE ORDER OF THE PHEONIX