8: First Task

It was Saturday, and Ingrid was feeling nervous for the Triwizard Tournament champions.

Today would be the day of the first task, Severus had told her at breakfast that it would be dragons. Which only made her more nervous.

Especially for Harry..

Ingrid didn't have much of a chance to watch over Harry, except in class and at meals. He seemed like he had a lot on his mind each day, she made sure to take it easy on him.

Ingrid walked steadily over to the arena, where the competition would take place. She had brought a book in case it got boring, but she would be all eyes when Harry's turn came.

"Felicity."
A voice called from behind her, she turned.

Severus was approaching her, dodging through the crowds of students gathered around the arena.

"Morning Severus."
She said, clutching her book.

"Morning. Now how do you reckon this is going to go?"
He smirked, following closely next to her.

"I hope well. I'd hate for something to happen to Potter, especially on the first task."
She replied, shielding the blaring sun from her eyes.

"Well it would teach the boy not to do something as dunder like as that again."
He rolled his eyes, looking around for the other professors.

"You sincerely don't actually think he put his name in the Goblet do you?"

"Not him, he most likely told someone to do it for him. Conceited boy."

Ingrid rolled her eyes, he was always looking on the negative side. It was kind of sickening really, she was already completely over his behavior.

And it had only been a few months.

But as much as she hated to admit it, he saved her. And she must be grateful.
If she went through with what she was intending to do, she wouldn't be there then.

They walked the rest of the way, finding a spot next to some fellow professors. Severus sat on the left, next to Minerva. Leaving Ingrid on the right.

"Have you read any of the book you borrowed Severus?"
Ingrid asked, opening the book she brought.

"Actually yes. And you where correct, the first three chapters are a snooze.."

She laughed, and suddenly..the champions tent opened. The crowd went bonkers as Cedric Diggory stepped out into the Arena.

"Here's Diggory."
She smiled, watching him curse and shout hexes at the dragon.

The dragon ended up subsiding, surrendering the golden egg to Cedric. Cedric took it as the crowd cheered, he exited through the other way.

Severus arched his brow as Fleur Decleur stepped out of the champions tent, looking absolutely terrified.

"Such a pretty girl..I'm not positive about strong however."
Ingrid observed, leaning a bit towards Severus's ear.

"Seems she spent more time picking that outfit than actually preparing for the task."

Ingrid attempted to not laugh, as she watched Fleur throw rocks at the dragon. Eventually distracting it, she grabbed the golden egg and ran to the other side..

The crowd clapped politely, and Viktor Krum was next to go. Severus grunted, leaning over to Ingrid once more.

"He's full of it. I assure you.."
He whispered, Ingrid shook her head.

"Not as full of it as Igor. Hah!"
She joked.

They then watched him easily fool the dragon, retrieving the egg and running to the other side.

The crowd went wild, he was a famed for being a professional quidditch player. And had quite the amount of fans to account for.

Soon it was Harry's turn. Severus clutched his knee tighter, Ingrid closing her book. Preparing to do whatever means necessary to help the boy..even if it was impossible.

He ran about the Arena, obviously having no idea what he was doing. He was hit hopelessly around, like a rag doll.

At one point he hit a rock, making a audible cracking sound. Minerva gasped, Severus drawing back.

"My my!"
Ingrid said, hands raising up to her eyes.

He shouted random curses at the dragon, each doing no good. Ingrid watched in fear, heart beating rapidly. Soon enough he escaped, with the help of a broom.

"What on-is that prohibited?!"
Severus asked, keeping an eye on the boys flying figure.

There where moments where the dragon got so close to them, Severus each time putting an arm out. Assuring that Ingrid wouldn't get hit.

The dragon attempted to fly after Harry, eventually coming right for them. Ingrid ducked her head, attempting to shield herself from the blow. But it was too late, their whole row had already gone flying backwards.

She landed smack onto Severus, arms still holding tightly onto her book. Minerva's arm touching hers.

"Bloody hell."
He said, pulling Minerva's arm off of him. He didn't move Ingrid however, Ingrid sat back up herself..

"Where could the boy have gone to?!"
She asked, looking around.

It took Severus a moment to regain himself, he outstretched his hand so Ingrid could pull him up.

She did so, and the Arena fell absolutely silent. Only a few distant explosions, plagued their ears.

Then, an audible roar. It echo'd throughout the entire sky...Ingrid eyes widened as she turned to Minerva.

"Is he alright?"
She whispered, Severus shrugged.

"I'm not sure my dear...let's hope he is."
Minerva responded, looking around.

Suddenly, Potter came flying back into the arena. Ingrid smiled and clapped, Severus breathing an audible breath of a relief.

"Thank godric!"
Minerva chirped, adjusting her gloves.

The crowd chanted his name as he held up the golden egg, Severus facepalming.

They eventually stood up, professors leaving first. Ingrid walked to the champions tent with Minerva, to congratulate them on their victory.

Severus insisted on going back to the potions room, Ingrid smiling and waving him goodbye.

"Severus must've gone mad!"
Minerva said, walking closely next to Ingrid.

"How so?"
Ingrid asked, lips curling up in confusion.

"For one, he actually allows you to touch him...and he hasn't given out a detention in a week!"
Minerva exclaimed, sorting throughout the crowd to get to the champions tent.

"Well hopefully he stays mad."
Ingrid joked, Minerva laughed.

Mad...

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
Things are getting kind of sTeamy
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, halfblood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies. The Goblet Of Fire part will be the first to be published :)))