19: Loss.

Ingrid sat limply at her desk, absorbing the past weeks events.

She felt absolutely terrible about Cedric, and was awfully worried about Voldemort. But she was glad...glad to have people like Minerva and Severus to fall back on.

Speaking of Severus, she and her had spoken often since the event. Him usually coming to check on her, making sure she didn't feel guilty or alone. Which was fairly often.

Ingrid couldn't bring herself to give the students work during this horrible time, usually just letting them do some Muggle reading.

It was told that Cedric had been taken and buried, a quiet funeral held by his family and close friends. Pomona had been, Ingrid sent her with a rose to place on his grave for her.

Severus and Ingrid had talked until midnight that night, comparing family stories...laughing..and even sometimes crying. Today would be the day when Dumbledore would finally acknowledge the events, in front of all three schools.

Ingrid placed her hair in a ponytail, preparing herself to go down to the greathall. A familiar knock on her door surfaced, she looked up..Severus stood in the center of the door frame arms nearly folded in front of him.

"Ready?"
He asked, arching a brow.

"You didn't have to come and get me..but yes."
She replied, standing up.

Severus offered his arm, to which she kindly declined. They walked silently down to the Greathall. The room was silent, only the sound of footsteps surfaced.

Ingrid and Severus took their seats, Ingrid looking out of the windows. A bright light shown through, the complete opposite of how she was feeling.

Dumbledore walked through the door, towards his chair..and sat down. The entire room went completely motionless, a few students sniffling in the background.

"....today....we acknowledge a really...terrible loss."
He spoke, Ingrid nodded.

"Cedric Diggory as you all know...was exceptionally hard working. Infinitely fair minded, and most importantly...a fierce...fierce friend."
He exclaimed, walking towards the crowd.

Ingrid sniffled, brushing a tiny tear away from her cheek.

"I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died....you see Cedric Diggory was murdered. By Lord Voldemort."
The room gasped, as if they hadn't known...or they had hoped it wasn't so.

Ingrid looked down at her folded hands, allowing the tears to fall down her cheeks.

"The ministry of magic...does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so would be an insult to his memory!"

Ingrid nodded in agreement, sniffling. Severus looked sadly to the ground, and then to her folded hands.

"All the pain we all feel...from the loss reminds me that even if we may come from different places...and speak different languages...our hearts beat as one.."
He exclaimed, Ingrid felt something..a smooth fabric against her skin.

She looked down, Severus had taken her hand. A small smile crossed her face, she wrapped her hand around his in return.

He looked up to her, eyes filled with sadness and..devotion..

And so they sat there, hands entwined and hearts beating as one.

"In like of recent events. The bonds of friendship we've made this year have been more important than ever. Remember that...and Cedric Diggory would not have died in vane."

Ingrid nodded, Severus also.

"You remember that! And we will celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true...and right to the very end..."

Ingrid wiped a small tear off her cheek. heart aching with pain for the entire school.

And she was grateful...so grateful...to be cared about. And loved...

She needed to remember that.

-AN-
I literally cried again. So, y'all better enjoy.