7: First Names

-Two days later-

Ingrid sat at her desk, calmly marking the students rubber duck essay..there was a stiff knock on her door.

"Come in!"
She called, placing her quill down.

Snape entered her classroom, holding a pamphlet of parchments.

"Care if I join you?"
He asked, standing calmly at her door.

"Oh, not at all."
She said, pushing out the stool next to her desk.

He flounced over and sat down, opening the pamphlet and lifting a few papers from it.

"This is agitating really."
He said, squinting at the paper in front of him.

"Hm?"
She asked, looking over to him.

"I can hardly read this, do you mind?"
He asked, holding out the paper.

Ingrid took the piece of parchment from his hands and nodded, beginning to read the students essay for him. Soon enough, she began to giggle at the students odd mistakes. She looked to Snape, who sat back smirking. Eyes closed.

"And that's it. A solid two paragraphs with absolutely no context. Who wrote this?"
She asked, flipping the paper to look at the name.

Ron Weasley.

She giggled once again, handing him the parchment.

"What do you reckon his grade will be?"

"An Exceptional."
He spat, looking down at the scrawny writing.

She raised her eyebrows, he looked at her.

"I've seen him do worse, trust me."
He smirked, marking the paper with his quill.

Ingrid nodded and looked out the window, students where gathered in the courtyard. Just gossiping among themselves, it was common for them to do so during the lunch period.

Ingrid usually skipped lunch, not because she fancied it..but because there was hardly any time to eat when your marking the papers of about one thousand students.

"How is Potter?"
Snape asked, tapping his foot as he read the other parchments.

"Well, I haven't had much of a chance to watch over him. Moody always gets a bit frustrated with me if I try..it's quite annoying."
She said, rolling her eyes.

"So, moody gets moody?"
Snape asked, smirking.

The room filled with an awkward silence, Snape looked down at his paper. Shaking his head slightly.

"My apologies. That was a terrible joke..."

But to his surprise, Ingrid began to laugh. And not her usual school girl giggle, but her true laugh. Ingrid absolutely loved puns like this, as corny as they may be.

"Haha! Oh goodness, I'm sorry!!"
She smiled, still laughing.

Snape's lips curled up in a semi smile, he placed his hand slightly upwards as if to silence her.

"Do not apologize, your laugh isn't as obnoxious as you may think.."
This statement only made her smile grow wider.

"As obnoxious?!"
She asked, sarcastically tapping her hand on the desk.

"I must admit. It is a ounce obnoxious."
He smirked while saying this, looking up from his parchment.

Their eyes met...

Ingrid's heart began to thump..in ways it only did when she had a silly crush back in her school days.

His eyes where a pool of absolute darkness, something someone could so easily get lost in. He didn't look away from her, instead he examined her face.

Her small chin, and elegant nose. It was as if he was taking in her every feature, her eyebrows a light blonde...similar to her long wavy hair. She had freckles, that nearly looked orange on her pale face.

Then her eyes, the lightest of blue. Probably the easiest to remember, her defining feature...the eyes.

Her eyes told of a past filled with love and affection, her pleasant childhood and comfortable life before losing her parents...and her sister.

He squinted at her, it had only been a few moments...yet it felt like he had somehow learned everything about her.

Unspoken comfortableness filled the room, her usual smell of lemons roaming about. She smirked at him and returned to her paper, her heart racing.

It had only been a few months at the least, yet it felt like she could just...no. Ingrid stop..

Snape went to tear his eyes away from her, reaching for his quill..the same time she did. Their fingers touched..

Their eyes met again, he smiled...a tiny smile. And took his quill from the inkpad..

She took hers, and they continued to mark papers in silence. The smell of lemons and mint, flowing throughout the air.

Snape seemed to break the silence, clearing his throat.

"Did you see the buttons the students where wearing?"
He asked, not looking up from his parchment.

"The Potter stinks ones?! I gave out about six detentions for those."
She said, frowning at the thought.

"I also, I have confiscated every one that I've seen so far."

The room filled with silence again..

"Do you have any idea what the first task will be?"
She asked, marking an outstanding on a Hufflepuff's paper.

"No, but I do know I'll enjoy watching it."
He joked, she laughed.

"Well I suppose I'd best be going...the period is almost at an end."
He said, gathering his things.

"You are correct, it was pleasant of you to join me though."
She smiled, nodding slightly.

"Don't mention it."
He said, walking to leave the room.

"Oh-! Wait! Snape!"
She called, he turned around.

She reached into her drawer, pulling the book on Brain Anatomy out. She quietly walked towards Snape and handed him the book, fingertips touching again.

"Since you wanted it."
She smiled, getting lost in his eyes again.

"Thank you....also..."
He took the book politely and looked at her small shoulders.

She waited to hear what he was going to say, his lips curled up in a semi-smile.

"Call me Severus, since everyone does but you."
He told her, she laughed a bit before turning from him.

Every hair on her arms stood up, as she serenely waved him a goodbye.

A last whiff of mint passed her senses, hurried footsteps..leaving the room smelling like Lemons once more.

He was so...odd.

Ingrid attempted to gather herself, preparing for the next amount of children that would be coming in her class for a lesson.

But she just couldn't stop thinking about him.

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, halfblood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies. The Goblet Of Fire part will be the first to be published :)))