15: Rather Frightening

The news had just reached Ingrid...And she was absolutely shocked. How could someone so cruel kill a man who did absolutely nothing to them..

Or at least she thought that..he could've done something to someone. Ingrid hadn't known Barty Crouch Sr, but had seen his son strolling about Diagon alley once in awhile.

This time there wasn't a three day break...the next task was a day away. And Ingrid had the sinking feeling that things where going to go horribly wrong..

She pulled herself off of her bed, preparing to go mark some of the worksheets the students had filled out in the morning. But the feeling wouldn't leave her alone..

She needed to talk to someone.

She gathered her things and decided to go down to the dungeons, it wouldn't hurt to at least speak for a moment. As he had that afternoon long ago, before the first task...

Before all this.

She walked through the corridors and down the stairs, before promptly running straight into someone..

"Ooh dear I'm sorry-!"
She said, blinking a few times to adjust to the area again.

Severus stood stiffly in front of her, looking concerned.

"Ingrid? What are you doing out?"
He asked, examining her as she picked up her dropped books.

"I was bored."
She said, looking at the ground.

Severus raised his eyebrows, she blushed and rolled her eyes.

"Fine! I didn't feel like being alone so-I went to talk to..Minerva."
She exclaimed, Severus smirked and crossed his arms.

"FINE!! I went to talk with you, Happy?"
She asked, frowning.

"Actually. Yes. I was going to get that book to give you anyway, come..we will take a walk."
He strode away, Ingrid following closely after him.

"Correct me if I am wrong..your parents owned 'Richards Muggle Objects.' ?"
He asked, allowing Ingrid to catch up.

"Yes, after my great grandfather."
She smiled, looking at each portrait as they walked by.

"Mhmm. I have been inside a few times, but I do not recall seeing you."
He observed, as they continued to walk.

"You probably saw my sister then."
She replied, smile fading.

"Oh? What does your sister look like?"

"She had brown hair and green eyes. She was very tall..probably even taller than you."
Ingrid observed, sadly smiling at the thought of her missing sister.

"Oh. I did see her..she was not very polite."
He chuckled, strolling down the stairs.

"She never was..not to Slytherins. Nor to Muggleborns."

"I'm sure she was..or is a wonderful woman. As you are."
He nodded slightly in her direction, she quickly feeling a small blush creep across her features.

"I hope she is."
Ingrid smiled, tucking her hair back in a ponytail.

It was silent between the two for a moment, Severus began reprimanding students to get in their dormitory's as they walked by.