29: Wondering

Ingrid stood at the doorway for a few moments, before Severus rushed out of the room.

"Is everything okay?"
She asked, peering in.

"Oh. Yes, yes fine...I need to go-"
He said, rushing in her opposite direction.

"Severus! Where are you going now?!"
She called out, following after him.

"Ingrid I need you to turn around and go to your classroom, I need to go somewhere. Can I trust you to NOT to say anything?"

Ingrid lowered her eyebrows, looking him up and down.

"Uh-Yes? Severus....tell me what's going on-"
She began, he placed his hand up before she could say anything.

"Listen to me. Go back to your classroom, I will come and speak to you as soon as I come back, I will tell you everything."

Puzzled, Ingrid grabbed his arm. Tugging on it slightly, being quite impatient.

"Severus, Severus what is happening? You're scaring me here-"
She retaliated, her grip on his arm loosening.

"Ingrid please. I need to leave."
He attempted to pull his arm away from her, but it was already too late..Ingrid had rolled up a bit of his sleeve.

And that's when Ingrid saw it, just a bit of it...a snakes head. Black, and engraved onto his arm.

Severus noticed her terrified glance and quickly rolled his sleeve back down.

"Ingrid....Ingrid please."
He pleaded, she simply shook her head.

Running down the hallway.

She ran into her classroom and abruptly closed the door, she walked towards the front of the room and sat at her desk. Taking in everything that had just happened.

It couldn't be.
He couldn't be...
No, no way.

She felt the tears spring to her eyes, he would've told her...would he?

She silently cried for a few more moments, marking previously assigned work and waiting for her next lesson. They entered quietly, she instructed them to sit down. She noticed some of them speaking about Severus disappearing in the middle of a lesson, and evidently not returning.

She wiped away her tears and went on her usual speel, handing out their ink and letting them get to work.

Ingrid had so many questions, yet she knew she couldn't ask him until he got back. Or maybe she wouldn't have the stomach to ask him at all...

Halfway through the lesson, a announcement came across the PA system.

"Attention all students and staff of Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry, due to your headmistresses sudden absence..all lessons and O.W.L.S will be postponed for the time being. Please report back to your common rooms, at this time. Thank you."
Minerva's voice clicked off of the speaker, the students mumbled and looked around.

Ingrid stood, instructing them to place their unfinished exams on her desk. She would retrieve the ink herself.

Her students left in a scurry, happy to be getting away from the boring exams of the day. Ingrid sat at her desk, continuing to worry...

Where was the trio? Where was Severus? What was happening?

Soon enough, she heard a stiff knock on her door. Her stomach tightened, leaving a sinking feeling. She shook her head and ran her fingers through her hair, clutching her quill.