32: The vow.

Summer passed surprisingly quickly, speculation of the dark lord growing and growing. Ingrid however was yet to be placed under attack.

Severus often went to the Deatheater meetings. Leaving Ingrid alone in Spinners end, usually with Peter Pettigrew.

Who often spoke about how he used to fancy Amanda when they where in school, making Ingrid want to gag.

Peter Pettigrew lived in the apartment below them, Ingrid had packed up her store apartment and how you say-officially..moved into Spinners end.

Severus was very cautious and protective of her, making sure to distance her from most other Deatheaters. In case they would find out her identity, yet fortunately for them..most Deatheaters where not very bright.

Considering Ingrid to be just Severus's new spouse, which was partly true.

They spent afternoons when he wasn't at meetings talking, reading, or taking walks. Long walks, where they would speak about anything but what Severus was going through at the hands of Lord Voldemort.

He absolutely hated to speak about his experiences, the first night when he came back he had been sincerely and terribly distraught. Ingrid thought it wise not to ask, keeping away from him for the rest of the night.

However the second night, she asked...he merely looked at her. Slowly shaking his head in disgust, and retiring to fire whiskey.

This evening was a Thursday, the Thursday before they where supposed to go back for the term. Ingrid sat on the couch, reading a book about flowers. Severus reading the daily profit in his arm chair.

Ingrid's old Muggle record player was playing a track of classical piano music.  Suddenly, a shadow appeared in the doorway. Obviously Peters.

Severus groaned, flapping down the profit.

"What does he want at this hour?"
He asked, Ingrid lowered her eyebrows and placed her book down on the couch next to her.

"Who knows. I'll answer it-"

"Wait...don't. If it's something important he will come in at his own.."
Before he could finish, the door flung open. Two woman stepped inside, one of them with long blonde hair..the other, wait. Ingrid knew the other-

Bellatrix Lestrange.
I am in the presence of one of the most dangerous Deatheaters of all time-

Severus's eyes flicked to her for a moment, before returning to Pettigrew's lurking form.

"Run along wormtail."
He said, flicking his wand.

The door slammed, leaving them alone with the two woman. Ingrid closed her book and looked to Severus, as if she expected him to tell her to go into the other room. He didn't do so.

"Why Bella, Narcissa. What can I assist you with this evening?"
He asked, blandly.

Bellatrix was quick to grown, walking towards the mantle and examining the objects on top. Objects including a few old family relics, some candles...and accidentally Ingrid's hairbrush.

Oh shoot.
She thought to herself, keeping her hands folded neatly in her lap.

"You seem to still have the same attitude Bella-care for a drink?"
He asked the blonde woman, Ingrid still completely oblivious as to what was going on.

"Fine, Severus. Plenty fine."
She responded, retiring to the spot on the couch next to Ingrid.

Severus nodded, giving Ingrid a look of reassurance. And walking into the very unused kitchen to retrieve the drinks.