16: An explanation.

Ingrid woke abruptly the next morning, her heart pounding in her chest. Most likely from another nightmare.

She sat up, looking around the room. Quickly remembering where she was, she stood and walked to her clothing rack.

She grabbed a pair of navy blue robes and strolled into her tiny bathroom, placing them on and brushing her long blonde hair into a bun.

She had given a lot of thought as to why Severus had those horrible memories, it was obvious he had been through something. And it was difficult to see him in such a position.

He was her friend. She hated to see him suffer, let alone on the verge of tears. She felt terrible for intruding his mind like that, but he had done it to her first..

And since when did she need him? She was absolutely fine on her own, men are just a waste of time.

She put on some flats and strutted out of the room, feeling confident and independent. She walked into her classroom, over to the chalkboard and began to write the next lesson.

She would be teaching the students about Muggle dish washing methods, it sounds odd...but none of the students that took her class really knew much about it.

She heard a soft knock on her door, she turned to see Dumbledore standing calmly against the frame. His usual sparkly robes shining in the rising sunlight. Ingrid smiled.

"Good morning sir."
She nodded a hello, placing the chalk down.

"Good morning Ingrid! Excited for today's task?"
Ingrid cringed, still a bit wary about the entire thing.

"I suppose so. You?"
She responded, offering him a seat.

"Frankly, I am. And no thank you."
He gestured to the seat, beginning to walk towards her desk.

"So how are things with you and Severus?"
He asked, observing the objects on the shelves.

Ingrid's eyes widened, she looked awkwardly away as she stood up.

"Fine."
She spoke, a small smile crossing her lips.

"It doesn't sound fine to me."
He said, subtly.

"I'm not sure what you mean sir."
She hesitated, walking towards the open windows.

"Well Ingrid. If you care for someone, tell them..for hearts are so often broken by things left unspoken."

Ingrid's felt herself blush, wondering if he knew...how would he know? Severus doesn't even know. By the time she had turned around to ask, Albus Dumbledore had already strode out of the room.

What the-
There goes being an independent woman!

She quickly knew exactly what she had to do, she threw on her cloak and ran out of the room. She walked hurriedly down the stairs and into the dungeons, she ignored the student standing around..probably looking for a pastime before the first lesson.

She stopped before a door, a door that read Severus Snape in gigantic golden italics. She inhaled briskly, before knocking.

She hadn't even knocked three times when Severus opened the door, he looked tired. With dark circles under his eyes.

He took a moment to look at her, before going to close the door. She placed her hand out in front of herself, stopping the door from going any further.

"We need to talk."
She said, firmly brushing him out of the way and walking into the classroom.

He groaned and slammed the door, she took a seat at one of the desks. Motioning for him to take the one next to her, he shook his head and walked to his own desk. Taking the quill and beginning to write on a piece of parchment.

"So, I came to apologize-"
She took his quill from his hands, he groaned and slumped back in his seat.

"To you...about last night. It was innapropiate for me to behave in such a way. And I hope we can move on and not resent each other for the rest of the term."
She crossed her arms, he merely looked up at her sadly and looked away. Obviously waiting for her to leave.

She sighed and walked towards the door, giving up.

"Wait."
She heard him mumble, she turned to face him. He had his quill again, he smirked slightly at her confused face.

"You are forgiven. But if you even try to do something like that again-"

"I won't."
She nodded, he smiled and looked down at the parchment again.

"You may go."
He instructed, waving her off.

She rolled her eyes and turned the door knob, feeling a large smile cross her lips. She left the room abruptly and flounced down the hallway.

Today was going to be a good day.
Thanks Dumbledore!

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
Hehehehe
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, halfblood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies. The Goblet Of Fire part will be the first to be published :)))