31: Summer

Ingrid woke up again, this time..it was the last day of the term.

She rose herself from her bed, getting out of her nightgown and putting on her usual robes. Shoes, hair, teeth. And done.

She walked out to her classroom, and resumed cleaning. She'd be going back to the shop, per usual. And there where a few items she wanted to take with her, she figured she could sell a few things for a good price.

She set them in a small trunk, erased the chalkboard and prepared for the last day to commence.

Dolores had been run out of the school, and was now back working for the ministry once more. This time....without as much respect.

Ingrid was thrilled that Dumbledore had come back for the last week, he got rid of all of the ridiculous rules and placed the paintings back on the walls. Retrieving Hogwarts's formal glory.

Severus and Ingrid's "relationship" was going fairly well. She found herself happy all the time, and there was no doubt in her mind that was how love felt.

He who mustn't be named was back, obviously. And students found themselves panicking fairly often, Severus also. Ingrid made sure to be there to comfort him however, and each time he would just go back to being as static as he so often was.

It had not crossed Ingrid's mind that she could possibly in danger also. That was impossible...as long as she made sure not to associate herself with You-Know-Whom she would be absolutely fine.

However, that may be impossible..if she continues to engage in a relationship with a Deatheater. She wasn't sure she could even call him a Deatheater, knowing he was a better man than he claimed to be.

Ingrid heard a knock on her door, there was no way that it could be Severus. His knocks where usually stiff, and three precisely. This one was soft, and had four.

Ingrid stepped away from her desk, walking towards the door and opened it. Dumbledore stood in front of her, hands folded neatly behind his back.

"Why, Ingrid. Do you mind if we speak for a moment?"
He asked, politely.

Ingrid nodded, smiling in return.

Why could he possibly want to speak with me?

Instead of leading her to his office, he led her down into the dungeons. Knocking softly on Severus's door, Ingrid squinted.

Oh dear.
I thought we had his approval!

Severus answered, obviously expecting it to be a student. Dumbledore smiled at Severus, Ingrid looking insecurely away.

"Severus, may we come in?"
He asked, Severus's eyes flicked to Ingrid for a brief moment. Before stiffly nodding and allowing for Dumbledore to enter.

He stepped inside, walking happily over to a window with a perfectly good view of the black lake. Ingrid looked to Severus, who arched an eyebrow at her.

"Don't look at me."
She whispered, following after Dumbledore.

So they all stood, Dumbledore took a breath in and began to speak.

"I'm sure you both are aware of the dark lords return."
He began, looking to them both.

Ingrid nodded.

"Yes, very much so. I am also aware of where Severus's loyalty lies."

Dumbledore raised his eyebrows in a surprised expression, looking to Severus.

"Oh?! How wonderful."
He smiled, Severus looking embarrassingly away.

"Well. I seem to have come to the conclusion, that the dark lord may not be very fond of your job postition."
Dumbledore said, looking to Ingrid.

Ingrid's eyebrows raised, before remembering the Deatheaters bitter hate towards muggleborns. And all Muggle things in general.

"How So..."
Severus asked, mimicking her same expression.

"You see Ingrid, when you where very young...your own parents had to move their shop from Knockturn alley. Due to the overwhelming death threats they where receiving from various Deatheaters."

Ingrid felt one of her hands go over her mouth. Having never been told this.

"I'm afraid these threats will emerge again. And with no other family member present...the Deatheaters will begin to target you."

Ingrid's eyes widened, is this really true? Was this actually....a possibility. That she could-die?

"But I seem to have come to a conclusion, I have decided...that you should stay with Severus for the time being."

Severus took a sharp breath in, Ingrid mumbling a-'What?'

"You heard me correctly Ingrid. But I'm sure it shan't be uncharted territory for you two-"

Ingrid nearly choked on air.

How did he-

"Headmaster-"

"I apologize for forcing things between you. But I'm sure you will get along just fine. And if there is trouble, do not hesitate to speak to me."

"Headmaster-"
Severus went to interrupt, but Dumbledore placed his hand up in response.

"This is my final decision. I expect you two to be apparated to Spinners end by tomorrow-"

"Sir.."
Ingrid groaned.

"No more no more less."
He said, before smiling at them both and exiting the room.

Leaving them both dumbfounded, and sincerely confused. Ingrid went to open her mouth, but quickly closed it.

"Well then. I suppose it's settled."
Severus observed, hands folded nearly behind his back.

"And you are okay with this?"
She asked, turning to him with a astounded expression.

"Well, as he said. It is not uncharted territory. And we aren't awkward school children, we are adults. And shall handle this in an adult way."
He observed, Ingrid pinched the bridge of her nose.

"True. I apologize for making it .....awkward."

"You? Awkward? Never."
He said sarcastically, Ingrid laughed.

"Yeah yeah, I suppose I'll go pack."

"You'd best."
He responded, kissing her lightly on the forehead.

She nodded and exited the room.

Strange times where abroad.

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
Things are getting kind of sTeamy
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, halfblood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies. THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER OF THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX