11. Amanda's Dress

It had been a calm Friday evening, Ingrid had tried to forget about Severus..but it was even more difficult.

Especially since he made the point to start a conversation with her whenever possible.

Ingrid had not thought much about the ball, she considered it silly. Especially with Igor attempting to sweep her off her feet, he wishes.

When Ingrid finally finished marking the last of the rubber duck essays, she got up and strolled into her quarters.

She sat on her bed for a while, just calmly reading and drinking some tea. The book she was reading was a medieval romance, and described the woman's wedding dress in detail. Then it dawned on her..

She had no dress for the ball..

She automatically stood up, walking to her tiny clothing rack. Nothing was on it except for her five multi colored robes, a few casual dresses.. two pairs of jeans, and two T-shirts.

Shoot.

She walked away and looked out the window, dinner would be occurring soon...and she couldn't possibly slip out to buy a dress.

Especially because she didn't get her wages until Monday. And that was after the dance..

Then it hit her...she probably had a dress at home!

She wasted no time, putting her extensive robes back on and promptly apparating to diagon alley.

It was quiet, as most nights where in the area where the tiny shop stood. Not many people shopped in the Muggle store, there where quite a few mugglehaters out there that occasionally stepped in to make sure Ingrid and Amanda's mother knew she was making a mistake.

"You only have a matter of time before you know who finds you!"
They'd often say, Ingrid's mother would usually shrug it off.

Her parents where genuinely frightened of he who must not be named, but he never seemed to care much. Especially since they where a pureblood family, and didn't demonstrate many political opinions.

Their father...before he left them. Used to ease his frightened children to sleep by telling them the exact words-

"If that no nosed bastard has a tooth to pick with me, let him! But he's just wasting his own time killing me, rather than taking a look at the Muggle television sales!"

That always made Ingrid and Amanda crack up in laughter, he would kiss them goodnight and put a candle on.

Sometimes...when they where very little, Amanda would say how she wanted to be a Deatheater. Amanda absolutely despised muggles, and Ingrid couldn't ever see why.

But then You Know Who was gone..And the Felicity's no longer had to worry about it.

Amanda had been a Gryffindor, as her father and mother had. Also a prefect..people would describe her as charming and beautiful.

Ingrid was described as odd and unique. And certainly did not inherit her mothers breathtaking looks, but it did the job.

She had a few boys that had fancied her, mostly Slytherins..The smart ones always seemed to favor her, and Ingrid absolutely hated it. Wanting the strong quidditch players instead, but they were always douches.

Ingrid wasted no time with unlocking the door to the tiny apartment in the back, a familiar family smell of Lemon and Strawberry filled her senses. It was dark...and empty...but it was enough to make Ingrid miss her mother and father...and Amanda.

Sure her parents had pulled her out of school, but that was just because of financial troubles...and they still loved her.

At least she thought they did.

She strolled calmly up the wooden stairs, past the kitchen and sitting room and to her and Amanda's childhood bedroom.

Ingrid smiled as she looked on the door, adorned with drawings and stickers. A Hufflepuff sticker, and a Gryffindor sticker. Among a few random butterfly enchants, making them fly around the door frame.

Ingrid sighed and twisted the old knob, looking around the room. Amanda's bed was unmade..exactly as it was the day she left. Her side of the room was messy... Ingrid's neat and tidy.

The two had tiny closets in front of their beds, one for each of them. Amanda took pride in collecting every artifact of Gryffindor memorabilia she could. Ingrid bringing home the occasional flag or scarf.

The plants sitting on the window sill had wilted, Ingrid frowned. Pulling her maple wood wand from her long sleeve. She made them alive again, smiling as she illuminated the rooms candles with a swish and a woosh.

She walked calmly over to her closet, looking to the tiny little things sitting on her bedside dresser.

A doll..a drawing...a few hair ties, and a bracelet.

She smiled, and opened her closet door. She was automatically overwhelmed with yellow, as most of her clothes where Hufflepuff themed. She had the occasional casual outfit, but not much.

She looked..and looked. Through her cabinets and drawers. She didn't have a dress...

Mother probably threw out my old Yule Ball dress...as if it would fit me anyway.

Ingrid sat down on her bed, defeated. She laid quietly on the fluffy sheets, thinking about what she could do.

A thought came to mind...

No Ingrid..No! Amanda would kill you if-

Amanda. Isn't. Here.

Ingrid stood up, walking over to Amanda's side of the room. She opened the closet, shuffling through all of Amanda's old clothes.

She had taken everything she needed, and left very little. But it was still Amanda, Ingrid tried not to breathe the lingering smell of strawberries. It would make her cry.

Finally, Ingrid found it.

The dress.

It was beautiful, a off the shoulder purple lace. It had little poof..which was the way Ingrid liked it. Tiny white flower prints adorned the sides, a tiny purple ribbon tying the middle.

Ingrid took it off the hanger, and flung off her robes. Trying it on for size.

This better work.

She zipped it, and walked across the hall..into the bathroom. She flicked on the dim switch and took a look at herself in the mirror.

She looked...

Ingrid smiled, giving it a small twirl. Her light wavy blonde hair fell down her back, resembling the looks of a fairy.

She hated complimenting herself..or receiving compliments in general...but she looked beautiful.

She smiled and flicked the light back off, she placed the dress back on the hanger and threw her robes back on. Preparing to leave..she closed the door to the room and walked into the hallway.

Her eyes fell on her parents old room. She knew if she went in there...she would never come out, Amanda had insisted on keeping it locked since mothers death.

Ingrid looked away, continuing to walk down the hall. Through the kitchen and towards the door again. She opened it and closed it, stepping out into the shop.

She kept it tidy, and worked hard. Now it looked like an abandoned mansion, she sighed and ignored it. Walking out of the door.

She locked it all, placing a protection charm on the area..

And she apparated back to hogwarts.

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
PICTURED ABOVE IS THE DRESS :)))))
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, halfblood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies. The Goblet Of Fire part will be the first to be published :)))