26: More memories

The memory shifted, now she was standing in a corridor. Behind several boys, and a young Severus.

"You better leave her alone you know! She always hate you after what you've done. That terrible name that you called her."
One of them spoke, pointing their wand at him.

"Yeah. Who would've thought?!? I thought you where supposed to be her best friend."
Another one shouted, this one had long curly hair and an undone Gryffindor tie.

"Seems to me, that snivellus doesn't deserve friends."
The shorter one smiled, circling Severus.

The rest of them laughed and tainted him, when suddenly a voice rang out through the corridors.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE."
It said, hurried footsteps came Ingrid's way.

She turned, as did the blurry figures of the boys. A young Amanda and Ingrid came rushing towards the group, the boys automatically gasped and stepped back.

"James, Sirius, Peter...even you Remus."
One of the boys blushed and looked down at his feet, Severus lowered his eyebrows at her.

"I am shocked and disgusted that you have chosen to act this way, towards someone who did nothing to you. Im sick of it. And if you say one more negative word to him-! I'll be speaking to Professor McGonagall."
Amanda scolded.

Two of the boys lowered their eyebrows and set their wands in their pockets. The other two merely laughing.

"Oh yeah? Well Snivelly has definitely done something to deserve it-do you know what he called Lily?!"
One asked, crossing his arms.

"Of course I do you dimwit. She's one of my bestest friends...but we don't fight fire with fire here. Do as I say, or I will speak to McGonagall."
She stepped up to the tallest boy, pointing her index finger at him.

"And that is a promise."
She assured him, he gulped and nodded. Motioning for the rest of the crew to run with him.

When they where gone, Severus approached Amanda.

"I didn't need...your...help."
He said, looking down at his closed book.

"Oh yeah Snape? Well it sure looked like you did. By the way, I don't usually help Slytherins...but if they say anything else to you. Tell me. Ok?"
She asked, turning to face him.

He nodded, and she walked away. Leaving little Ingrid standing looking absolutely shocked, Severus turned to her.

"It happens. Don't worry about it."
He assured her, little Ingrid nodded and ran on her way.

The memories faded, and soon Ingrid was standing exactly where she was. Wand drawn, and tears in her eyes.

It had been so long since she had heard her sisters voice, and she missed it dearly. Her sister was always standing up for people, no matter how much she hated them.

Ingrid lowered her wand, placing it in her pocket.

"Terrible times...weren't they Severus."

She turned to him, his hand was placed firmly on her desk. As if to balance himself, tears flooded in his eyes.

"Not entirely...."
He mumbled, looking over to her.

She raised an eyebrow, wondering what he could mean. He stood abruptly, looking into her eyes.

"I met you."
He insisted, Ingrid smiled and embraced him.

She felt absolutely terrible for misunderstanding him. He was just afraid, afraid of loving someone. He couldn't love her, and that was his way of telling her.

Life had truly been difficult to the two, both losing their friends and family at a young age. Yet something young them never realized, was the fact that they had eachother.

He lifted away from her, arms still wrapped around her lower back. Their faces nearly touched at this point, and Ingrid had to hold back the urge to kiss him.

Now she was being foolish, a foolish school girl. She needed to stand down and stop her feelings for him, they would only gain her more heartbreak.

She stepped away from him, towards her desk. She grabbed a small briefcase from underneath it and began filling it with parchment, Severus stood still...looking out of the window.

The snow was heavier, a large sheet of white covering the usually green grass. Severus observed it intently, Ingrid continuing to pack things in her briefcase.

"Ingrid. Have you ever pictured yourself in a situation you know you could never be in-?"
He asked, not turning away from the window.

Odd question.

"Yes Severus, I have. But nothing is impossible."
She assured him, awkwardly closing the briefcase.

"It isn't?"
He asked, turning to face her.

She looked up, the nearly black eyes met the blue. He walked quietly over to her, she could do nothing but stare up at him.

All of a sudden, she felt herself reach up and place her hand on his cheek. He placed his hand on top of hers.

Ingrid you blithering idiot!
What are you doing?

She leant up and kissed him, for the first time...she kissed him. He flinched, obviously not knowing what to do...other than kiss back.

And that's how the holiday break began.

Two lovers..

Completely oblivious of the growing mistletoe above them.

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
They made up heeheee
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, halfblood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies. THIS IS THE ORDER OF THE PHEONIX