34: A peculiar question.

A entire month passed, and students walked hurriedly into Ingrid's classroom, today she would be teaching about the Muggle work systems.

Ingrid sat at her desk, preparing to pass out some parchments. They where graphic organizers that she wanted to the students to fill out, however based on how loud they where being...they wouldn't get much done.

"A little less chatter please!"
She smiled, the students began to get quiet.

She stood up, approaching the front of the room.

"Alright everyone! Today, we will be learning about Muggle jobs. Contrary to your belief...the muggles don't have occupation options like being a auror or magical theory historian!"
She smiled to the students, sitting on her desk.

"Now can anyone tell me some job options muggles have?"
She asked, lifting one leg over the other.

Some students raised their hands, she went ahead and picked those who did.

"Ms.Granger-?"
She asked, Hermione Granger was a Muggle-Born. Therefore knowing everything that the other students didn't.

"You could be a dentist."
She smiled, Ingrid nodded.

"Good job! Can anyone tell me what a a dentist does?"
Absolute silence, Ingrid sighed and answered the question for them.

"They tend to peoples teeth. Now what other jobs do muggles have?"
She asked, a few more students raised their hands.

"Mr.Longbottom?"
She picked, smiling at the young boy.

"You could perhaps be a....florist!"
He said, tapping his pencil on his desk.

"And what do florists do?"

"They tend to flowers!"
He replied, enthusiastically.

"Pfft. Figures."
She heard Malfoy scoff, the class giggled. She was quick to retaliate against the boys arrogance.

"Mr.Malfoy! Perhaps you could tell me about another Muggle profession?"
She asked, folding her arms.

He went silent, the rest of the class oo'd and looked in his direction. Ingrid smirked, pleased with herself.

"King. King of everything. That is a profession is it not?"
He asked, staring straightly ahead.

Ingrid lowered her eyebrows.

"Not exactly, you see class..London has a royal family, passed down throughout generations. However, the king..or queen. Can only be in power of that specific land. Understood?"
The class nodded, Ingrid smiled in return and went to retrieve the parchments.

"Professor I have a question."
Malfoy interrupted, Ingrid turned around again.

"Yes?"
She responded, Malfoy took a breath in before placing his hand slyly under his chin.

"Aren't you dating Snape?"
He asked, Ingrid's eyes widened as the entire class burst into laughter.

Of course with the exception of a few Gryffindors. Who favored her over any other professor..

"What kind of ill faced rumor is that-?"
She asked, trying to hide the fact that she was lying.

"Well. When my mother went to visit him this summer, she said she saw you there. It had me wondering. That's all."
He observed, Ingrid lowered her eyebrows.

"Okay."
She responded, before continuing on with the lesson.

The day passed quickly, Ingrid getting headaches on and off. However..she couldn't stop thinking about what Malfoy had said.

She swore it was the first word he had spoken in ages. At least in her class. But he had asked if Severus and her where 'Dating' she hadn't given that a thought.

She supposed there was no other way to describe it. But she could at least ask.

She made her way down into the dungeons, her head still pounding in pain. She ignored it however, reaching Severus's door.

She knocked three times, no answer.

Another three...no answer.

She shrugged, before beginning to walk away. But something stopped her..

A sudden pound in her head made her fall back, something caught her. Everything was blurry, a muffled voice talked around her..however she wasn't sure whether or not it was speaking to her.

But soon enough, everything went black.

Now, Amanda sat in a chair. Next to the boy from next door, people sat around her...a perfectly rectangular table.

"Mrs. Amanda Rosier. Seems to me that your loyalty lies elsewhere."
A voice said, whispering in her ear.

"My lord, I assure you. My loyalty lies with you. Forever."
She responded, a mans hand was holding hers...coincidentally the boy from next store.

"I have difficulty believing this. But it has come to my attention that, not only did you live in a Muggle shop for most of your life...you also have a sister. A sister whom teaches at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry . Muggle studies, am I correct Draco?"
The voice asked, Amanda took a breath in as Malfoy firmly nodded.

"And what is the name of this....sister?"
The voice asked again, Amanda's hands where shaking.

"Ingrid. My lord."
Amanda responded.

"Well we may just have to pay Ingrid a visit...won't we Nagini?"
The voice smiled, pointing to the snake slithering awfully close to Amanda.

Amanda gulped, and everything faded out...

Ingrid woke up with a start-