(Jikook) Studying

The best part about Jungkook is how dedicated he is once he puts his mind to something.

It's also his worst part.

He's been the same since we first met in training and I'm pretty sure he'll be the same when we're old and grey.

We've been dating on and off for 2 years, having breaks when things got unnecessarily stressful between us and we need a few weeks off. We always come back together though, we're like magnets, we always find our way back.

For about 2 and a half years he's been studying English. Only recently has it got so much more intense that on our days off, I hardly see him because he is working so hard. No matter what I do, his response is always the same "later baby", "give me five more minutes", "I nearly have this one last phrase down". Everyone knows how much it bothers me that I don't get to spend time with him on our days off because of him studying.

We were all sat in the kitchen having dinner, without Kook since he gave us another one of his typical excuses about his studying. He instead came down to get a bowl, thanked Yoongi for cooking and went straight back to his room.

"Have you tried talking to him?" Hoseok asked with a mouth full of food

"Kind of. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to stop him from studying though, I'm really not. I'm so proud of how amazing he is. I just want him to realise that I need my boyfriend sometimes. That if he doesn't speak fluent English by the end of the year, that it's not the end of the world. I just want him to plan his time better"

"Do you want me to speak to him for you?" He asked again, making everyone look at me for an answer. I thought on it for a moment before sighing heavy

"No. It should be me who talks to him. I just need to stop pussy footing around it. Need to stop myself from feeling guilty when I'm trying to distract him for just 5 minutes"

"You can do it Chim. He will be missing you as well, he just won't be giving himself a minute to realise it"

After I had finished eating I went to use a body spray I know Kook loves me wearing, put some lip balm on, brushed through my hair and put on one of kooks hoodies.

When I got to his room, he didn't even lift his head to see who had walked in. I noticed his bowl was still full of now cold food, his room hadn't been cleaned for a good two weeks and there was a huge pile of paper next to his desk.

"Kook..."

"Hm?"

"Can we spend tonight together?" I asked quietly, untrusting of my voice

"No thanks babe, I'm not hungry"

"What? Kook are you even listening to me?" I shouted and pushed his head to the side so he would snap out of his study mode. He looked up at me and smiled softly

"Hey beautiful, come here" he smiled and tapped his lap for me to sit on. I got myself comfortable and tucked into his neck "Are you okay?"

"Miss you"

"I miss you too"

"You didn't eat your dinner"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Don't tell Yoongi, he'll kill me for not eating his food"

"Have you eaten today?"

"Uhm, I can't remember... Probably. Don't worry"

"Kook..."

"I'm okay. Trust me"

"I miss you so much"

"I'm sorry babe. I just have to be fluent by the end of the year"