Chapter Three: Hello again

3

I think Wednesday's are my favorite day of the week, They just seem to slip on by. I have a day off from work tonight, that guy Ricky and I are supposed to have coffee tonight. I'll admit I'm nervous, It's possibly because I've never been on a date before. Not that I think tonight's a date or anything.

My classes today thankfully flew by, I kept thinking about my coffee meetingwith Ricky. I don't know what's gotten in to me? I've never been so hung up on someone, let alone someone I've barely met.

Ricky texted me this morning, while I was heading to school. He told me to pick a time to meet up. We settled on five,

I drove home after class, Then I park my car in my parking spot then stop the engine. I grab all my things then climb out of my car. I  head up to my apartment using the elevator. I check the time on my phone and it's only three ten. I groan at the amount of time I have left to kill.

I get inside my apartment and I hang my bag on a hook I have in the entryway. I go in the  kitchen, I set my phone and keys down on the counter  and open my fridge. Not much to pick from, I grab a string cheese then close the door. I go and open my snack then I hear my phone  start ringing.

I look at my phone and see it's my Dad, I accept the call and I say "Hey Dad."

"Hi Luna! How are you?"

"Good, you?"

"Good, I just wanted to talk to you again about visiting. I know you said we'll see but, I'd like to sort out at least the dates."

"I'll have to check my calendar, I can't miss thanksgiving with mom. She'd kill me."

"Yeah, that sounds like your Mother." He laughs

"I'll actually check my calendar right now. Give me a second."

"Yeah, sure."

I check my phone calendar then say "I could come, the 23rd then leave the 26th."

"That works for me, I'll get your plane ticket tonight. You're gonna love Denver! Heather's gonna be so happy to see you." He sounds so happy

"I'm glad, uh dad I gotta go though. I have homework then some plans tonight."

"Oh okay, I'll talk to you again soon. I'll get your flight all sorted out."

"Great. Okay love you dad." I walk over to my couch

"Love you too Luna." He hangs up.

I put my phone down on the coffee table then sit down. I feel guilty that my brothers have both gone to see my dad, while I haven't. My younger brother Danny, actually spent most of the summer with him. I think Liam sees him at least once every four months. I haven't seen my dad for at least three years. I think that's why he's pushing so hard now.

I should probably get started on the little homework I do have. I probably won't wanna do it after meeting with Ricky. I stand up and go grab my bag off the hook in the hall. I come back to the couch and start going through my bag.

After a while of working I check the my phone. it's almost four thirty. I set my phone down and start putting my things away. I zip up my bag then stretch my arms, I get up from the couch then walk down the hall to my room. I should probably change my clothes before I go. I undress to my bra and panties then look for new clothes.

I decide on a black short sleeved shirt with thin white stripes, and black jeans with holes in the knees.

I quickly redress then walk over to my vanity, I sit down and start my makeup. I decide on a more eye catching look. I wanna make a impression, since the last time Ricky saw me was practically in the dark.