Chapter Forty Seven: Exactly Who I'm Supposed To Be

47

I wake up this morning, blissfully happy. I roll on to my stomach and I'm wrapped up in the bed sheets. I hear movement at the foot of the bed. I open my eyes and I see Ricky standing there in front of the mirror. I smile at him and say "morning."

He turns and looks at me, he's wearing different clothes. They look really old, like they're HIS old clothes. I smile and ask "what are you wearing?"

"I was looking through my clothes and I found one of my favorite outfits." He says

I sit up and hold the sheet around me. I look at him and I look closely at the outfit. It's an Edwardian style all black suit, the under vest is satin as well as the black necktie. I can see his white shirt popping out of the top.

"Well look at you. You look so handsome." I climb out of the bed still holding the sheet around me.

I walk over to him and get a closer look. It's a handsome looking suit. I could definitely picture him in it.

"How come you're wearing it?"

"I wanted to see if it would fit me because, I was kinda hoping I could wear it at our wedding." He says shyly

I smile and look at the suit again. It's a bit big on him, I look at him "it's a little big but, yes absolutely. I love it."

"Great! I'll have it tailored."

I smile and kiss his cheek, I sit on a trunk at the end of the bed.

"what time do we have to leave?"

"In a little while, I wanna get something done before we head out."

"Do I have time to shower?"

"Yeah, we'll leave in an hour."

"I better hop to it then."

I stand up and walk out of the room, hoping not to run in to Lisa. I hurry in to the bathroom and turn on the shower. I sit on the counter and call out "Ace?"

"Yeah?" He calls out

"Can you bring me my suitcase? please?"

"Yeah, give me a second."

I wait for the water to warm up and Ricky walks in. He's back in his normal clothes "Here you go." Then wheels me my suitcase. "I texted Winter the date we picked." He says

"Is she excited?"

"Over the moon. Bummed it isn't sooner, but so am I ." He kisses my forehead

"November's six months away, do you think we can get everything together by then?"

"Well it looks like Winter has hired herself as our wedding planner. So, more than likely yes."

"Well we've gotten two things done, the date and your suit."

"And only a million other things to go." 

I giggle  "Well, how about one more thing. Chris and Winter have such a lovely home and backyard, why don't we get married there?"

"Winter would probably be ecstatic, Chris? Eh. It'd take some coaxing."

"No harm in asking, if they- if he says no, we'll find another place."

"Exactly."

I smile and kiss his nose, he looks at me and grins. "Get in the shower, we gotta get going. We have some stops to make before the airport."