Chapter Fifteen: I Haunt Your Dreams At Night

15

For the past couple weeks, Ricky and I've been inseparable, We've been doing everything together. I even cancelled on family dinner last Sunday to see him. Which, yes, I know was a bad thing to do but, I'm having so much fun with Ricky. I never knew we'd be in this place together. Since I cancelled last week, I'm forcing myself to go tonight. My Mom thinks I've been sick, I don't wanna tell her about Ricky yet. He just became my boyfriend and I wanna keep it to myself for now.

Today Ricky and I've been lounging around together in my apartment, I look at him and without looking at me he asks "Yes angel?"

"Just looking." I shrug

He turns his head and looks at me. He smiles "Something tells me you aren't interested in the movie?"

I smile and take a piece of popcorn out of the bowl "How could I be when you're sitting with me? You're very distracting." I put the piece of popcorn in my mouth.

I am?"

I nod "Plus, I enjoy being around you. I need to go to my Mom's tonight. I've been blowing her off to hang out with you. You're a bad influence."

"Yeah, I am but, you love it, angel. What time do you have to go?"

" I should probably go early, I have some apologizing to do. I'll leave here at four."

Ricky grabs his phone and checks the time "Well it's only two so we have some time."

I smile "What do you wanna do?"

"Well since you don't wanna watch the movie." He grabs the remote and turns the tv off

He looks over at me and I ask "yes?"

"We can do whatever you want."

I smile and put the popcorn bowl on the coffee table. I stand up on my knees and walk towards him. I sit on his knee and kiss him, He kisses me back softly. He puts his hands on my waist and I smile mid kiss. He pulls me closer to him. I straddle his lap and sit on him, He holds my hips.

While we kiss we hear a loud knock on my door, I jump from the loud noise. Ricky pulls away and looks over at the door. He looks at me "Are you expecting someone?"

I shake my head no and he picks me up. He puts me back down on the couch. He gets up and goes to the door, I stay on the couch and watch him. Lately my building hasn't been the safest, the apartment down the hall was robbed the other night. That's another reason why I've been having Ricky around.

He unlocks the door and unhooks the door chain. He opens the door and I try to look around him. I hear a female voice say "Oh, hello, is Luna here?"

OH MY GOD

Ricky moves and I see my Mom in the doorway. I quickly get up and go to the door. "Hi Mom, what a surprise. What's up?"

"I was in the neighborhood and I haven't seen you in a couple weeks because of you being sick. You look better." She says in a tone that tells me she knows I've been lying

"Mmhm. Yeah, I was actually was just about to text you. To tell you, I'm coming to dinner tonight."

"Oh good!" She looks at Ricky who looks as awkward as I do.

"Hi! I'm Luna's mom, Sarah."

"Hi, I'm Ricky." He holds out his hand

My mom takes his hand in her's and shakes. God kill me now, I wasn't ready for them to meet yet!

"Mom, you've heard me talk about Ricky before. Remember?"

"Oh yes! Of course! It's nice to meet you finally." She smiles