Chapter Twenty Nine: Surprise surprise

29

  Ricky and i've been really great lately, I'm really happy with where we are. Today we're going to my brothers engagement party. Ricky woke me up for breakfast, he made some apple cinnamon muffins. I sit at the table while I eat, I look at him and he's boiling some water for me.

"You don't have to do all this for me." I tell him

He turns and looks at me, he grins "I know, I want to."

I smile and stand up from my seat, I walk over to him. I wrap my arms around his neck, he puts his arms around my hips. I look up at him  "I don't deserve you."

"I think I should be the one telling you that." He grins

I smile at him and I stand on my toes. I kiss him and he kisses me back. The tiny amount of stubble on his face tickles my cheeks and lips. I giggle and pull away, he looks at me and I giggle "This tickles." Then hold his chin.

"I'll shave before we go." He says

"I like it, it tickles my face when we kiss." I smile

"Maybe I'll grow a whole beard." He jokes

"Maybe you should." I say with a smile

"'Hmm. Maybe." He leans in and kisses me again.

He puts his hands on my hips, he lifts me up and sits me on the counter. I keep kissing him with the same passion he gives me. We both hear the kettle whistling, he pulls away then turns to take the kettle off the burner. I slide down then jump off the counter.

I go to the cabinet and open it, I take out a new mug that I bought. It's grey and shaped like an elephant. I turn and look at Ricky, I walk over to him and say "I can finally use my new mug."

He looks at me then the mug, he holds back a laugh.

"What?" I ask curiously

"You really bought that?" He asks me

"Yeah, I thought it was cute." I shrug

He kisses my forehead then opens the cupboard. He grabs the box of cinnamon tea bags. He takes it and puts it on the counter, I walk over and wrap my arms around his waist.

"You're affectionate this morning." He grins

"I'm in a good mood. How can I not be? I have you, we're doing good. We are going to my brother's engagement party. Things in your world may not be ideal but, you're doing a great job at keeping me grounded."

He opens a tea bag then reaches around me to get my mug. He puts the bag in the cup then pours the water in. I let go of him and walk around him to get the mug. He hands it to me  "I'm gonna go shower, eat your breakfast."

I nod and he kisses my forehead, he walks to the stairs then hurries upstairs. I take my tea and go back to the table. I sit and stir the tea, Alfie walks over and sits next to me. I reach down and rub his head. He starts purring and he rubs his paw on my leg. I smile then go back to eating my breakfast.

Once I'm done, I wash off the dishes I used and put them away. I head upstairs hoping he's still in the shower. I go in our room and I hear the water running, I smile and I start undressing. I walk in the bathroom and I see him standing under the water. His long black hair is soaked and hangs down his chest. I pull off my pajama bottoms then my thong, I slide the glass door open and come in behind him. I put my arms under his armpits and rest my hands on his chest.

He doesn't move or say anything, I kiss the back of his shoulder blade. I rub his chest and I'm fascinated with not feeling his heart beating. I put my forehead against his back, he lifts his head up and looks up towards the water. He sighs and I hug him tighter.