Chapter Thirty: Getting Caught Up

30

When I got up for school this morning, I saw Ricky packing. I rub my eyes and sit up, Ricky looks at me and says "morning, angel."

"Hi." I say with some tiredness still in my voice

"Shower?" He asks me

"No, I took one last night." I tell him sleepily

"Don't forget, Winter's picking you up from work tonight." He reminds me

"I still don't understand why I can't just stay here." I groan

" I don't trust something not happening while I'm away. Plus I figured you and Winter could have a fun girls night or whatever. Winter's really looking forward to this, angel."

I nod and he tells me "You'll have fun. Sure. Winter can be extremely annoying but, she means well."

Winter's a sweetheart, I love her I really do. I just can't shake the thought that she's basically babysitting me. That's not what I pictured when I was twenty one, having a sitter.

I look up at Ricky and he looks at me "I'll be back tomorrow afternoon, baby. It's just one night."

"Why do you have to go?" I whine

"I need to feed, Luna. Me draining someone is the equivalent of someone eating their favorite food. That they only eat on occasions."

"But why're you gonna be gone all night?"

"So I can come home full and not wanna eat you for dessert." He jokes

"Fine, please be careful." I hold his hand

"I'll be fine, angel. Come on go get ready, I'm taking you today."

I nod and climb out of bed, I stretch my arms out. I groan then walk to the closet, I open the door and look through my clothes. I hear Ricky tell me "I already packed you some clothes for tonight."

I thank him and keep looking, I think I wanna wear a dress today. I look through all my dresses. I pull out a deep grey colored, long sleeved baby doll dress. I take it off the hanger and lay it on the bed. Ricky opens my top drawer and throws a random bra on the bed for me. I thank him and take my shirt off.

He smirks at me then says "I'll go make you something to eat."

He walks out and I put the bra he gave me on. I grab the dress and pull it on over my head. I put my arms through the sleeves and I pull it down. I take off my pj pants from underneath the dress. I go to the dresser and pick a pair panties and my black fishnet tights.

I sit down on the bed and pull on my undies then the tights. I stand up and walk out of the bedroom. I go in my little room and sit down at my vanity. I look at my reflection and I look drained. I rub my eyes and decide to give my look minimal effort. I pull my hair up in a messy bun, then tie it off with a band. I do a simple makeup look.

I put concealer under my eyes, then I do my eyebrows. I put a red lipstick on my lips, I want a least a little pop of color. I finish with putting a coat of black mascara on my lashes. I stand up thenleave the room to go downstairs.

When I walk down the stairs, I smell eggs cooking. I walk in and ask him "Remind me again why you learned to cook?"

He turns and looks at me, he grins "You look cute. Your boyfriend's a lucky guy."