Chapter Twenty Three: It's The Beat That My Heart Skips When I'm With You

23

This morning I woke up and I remember I'm in Ricky's bed. I sit up and rub my eyes, I should probably go check on Olivia. I look over at the clock, we have class in a couple hours. I climb out of bed and walk out of his room. I head down the stairs, I find her still asleep on the couch. I walk over and shake her, she groans "Oh god why's the room pounding?"

"That's just your head. I'll find you some Aspirin." I go to the downstairs bathroom. I open the medicine cabinet and find a bottle of Aspirin, an unopened toothbrush, and an unopened box of bar soap. I grab the Aspirin and shut the cabinet. I walk back out then walk to the kitchen. I open the cupboard and grab a glass, I go to the fridge and get water from it.

I walk back to her and sit on the ground in front of the couch. I hand her the medicine and water. She puts a few in her mouth and drinks the water. I look at her "We better get going soon."

"Oh god, we have class. I forgot."

"Mmhm. We should probably go now, I'm sure you wanna change before class."

"I guess I'll drop you off at your place."

"Honestly, let's head to my place and you can shower there. You can borrow some clothes too."

"Okay."

I nod and get up, I stretch and Olivia looks around.

"So this's Ricky's place?"

"Yeah. He offered to let us stay over last night. He also admitted he doesn't like where I live."

"Well..yeah?"

"What?"

"Luna come on, you've admitted it yourself. You don't live in the safest neighborhood or apartment building. Ricky's just being mindful of your safety." She shrugs

"It's what I can afford."

"I know babe, that's why I don't say anything. I just wish you'd  move, I worry about you in that apartment."

"Well if you wanna pay my rent? Let me know." I grumble

"I'm sorry Luna. I mean that, you're my best friend. I just want you safe, just like I'm sure Ricky does since he's your boyfriend."

I nod "I get it. I'm gonna go get my stuff together."

I head upstairs and go back in Ricky's room. I take his shirt off then lay it on his bed. I go in his closet cause I know I left some pants here. I find them on the top shelf, I take them down and quickly put them on. I don't have a clean shirt here so, looks like I'm wearing his clothes. It's going to be freezing today so I take his red and black flannel.

I put it on and button up the buttons. I'm gonna need a jacket too, I take the black jean jacket he's been wearing a lot. I'm surprised he didn't take it with him. Maybe he forgot it? I walk over to the side I slept. I take my phone off the charger and stuff it in my back pocket.

I head back downstairs and Olivia is up and semi put together. I look at her"If you want, I'll drive."

"Please." She groans

I walk over to the door and put on the booties I had on last night. I grab her keys and look at her.

"Alright, let's go." I unlock the front door.