Chapter Thirty Nine: Playing tricks

39

Olivia gets back in a few days and I still haven't thought about what I'm gonna tell her. I don't think Ricky knows what to say either. He's been so busy with getting the bar ready to sell, that I don't know if he's thought about it. I wish we could be honest with her.

On a more positive note, I got a job interview. It's at Johnston Publishing house, the place Kiara works at. Turns out the assistant isn't leaving till late June. Which works out for me. I'm so excited, this's my dream job and I really hope I impress the interviewer today.

I sit up in bed and hold the sheet around myself. I get up and wrap myself up with the sheet. Ricky hasn't been wasting much time with me in the picture again. We've been making up for lost time, as I'd like to call it.

The only person I've told about us, is Kenny. I don't want my family to know, at least not yet. I wanna test the waters out first. Even though he and I both know, that we aren't separating ever again. I know I said I don't wanna be..one of him but, it's better than the alternative. I can't picture our relationship lasting, if I stayed human.

I wince at the thought, I quickly shake it away. I feel a pair of arms snake their way around me.

"What're you doing out of bed?" He whispers in my ear.

"I have an interview in a few hours, I have to get ready."

"Where's the job?" He slowly starts kissing my neck

"Johnston publishing, it's for an assistant job." I bite my lip

"Do they know you're still in school?" He asks between kisses

"Mmhm. If I'm hired, I wouldn't start till late June."

"Then I wish you good luck." He kisses my neck one last time then pulls away.

"When are you selling the bar?" I tighten the bed sheet around myself

"In an hour. If the guy shows." He pulls off his black t-shirt and tosses it in the laundry

I walk in the bathroom and turn on the shower. He walks in after me while pulling on a white button up shirt. I look at him and he asks "what?"

"I don't think I've ever seen you in anything other than black."

"Probably haven't, this is my only white shirt."

"It looks good." I stick my hand in the shower to feel the water, it's still cold.

He walks out "I wish you could join me."

"I do too but, I gotta head out. I'll be back in a little while, angel."

"Okay. Good luck."

"Take the Audi, Luna." He says sternly

"Yes sir." I call out to him

He walks back in the bathroom,"Almost forgot."

He gently grabs my face and kisses my lips. I kiss him back and I hold his wrists. He pulls away "I love you."'

"I love you too." I smile

He grins then pecks my lips again, he pulls away then walks out. I smile to myself then I test the water again. It's finally warm so I take the sheet off, I walk back in the room and throw the sheet on the bed. I go in the bathroom then step in the shower.

Once I'm clean, I get out and dry myself off. I wrap myself in the fluffy towel, I go over to the sink. I wipe the mirror and I look at my bare face. I notice, the small amount of freckles I had as a kid are fading with age. I take out a comb and start working it through my hair.