Chapter Thirty Eight: I'm Right Here

38

This morning when I got up for school, I felt okay. I can still feel his lips kissing mine, I still wish it led to more though. I hope I didn't scare him away. That's the last thing I wanna do. I look over at the clock and I have an hour and a half till school. I better get ready.

I walk to the closet and look at the tiny area Ricky cleared for me. I take out a red and black plaid dress, it'll be warm enough because it has a long sleeve shirt underneath. I take it off the hanger and lay it on the bed. I pull off my shirt and go to my duffel. I take out a bra and some panties. I put the bra on then go grab my dress.

I quickly get dressed and sit on the bed. I pull on some black thigh high socks. I decided to skip the tights today. I pull on some black leather heeled booties. I zip them both up then go sit on the stool in the bathroom to do my hair. Maybe I should curl my hair? Yeah, I'm gonna do that.

I curled my hair and I pinned some of my hair behind my head. I do a simple winged liner on my eye and I put a blood red color on my lips. I spray some perfume on then stand up. I walk out of the room and I look around.

I don't see or hear Ricky, maybe he's in the backyard. I walk downstairs and look around, still not seeing him. I walk in the kitchen, I see a note on the island. I pick it up and it says "Luna" in his handwriting. I open it and start reading.

"Good morning Luna, sorry I had to skip out before you woke. Had some things to do at the bar, I won't be able to take you to school this morning. Take the Audi, the keys are hanging on the hook in the the entryway. I was hoping we could meet for dinner? Talk about some things. I'll text you where to meet me later. Have a great day, beautiful.-Ricky"

Take the Audi? I don't think so. Sure, if he and I were dating I would. I'll just take an Uber. I walk in the kitchen and see Alfie waiting patiently for his breakfast.

"Good morning, Alfie boy!" I go get his cat food out

He meows and watches me, I pour food in his bowl then place it on the floor. He jumps off the island and starts eating. I open the fridge and look at what he has in here. I take out the eggs then put them on the counter.

After I made breakfast, I got on my phone to schedule an Uber. I know Ricky doesn't want me taking Ubers but, I don't feel comfortable taking the Audi. I schedule a ride and I wait, I wonder what he wants to talk about at dinner? I hope it isn't about the kissing last night, if it is I'm not sorry.

All day at school, I worry about what Ricky wants to talk about. What if he just wants to be friends? Luna, stop you're spiraling. Maybe it's a good talk? You never know! He might be celebrating selling the bar. Just because he wants to meet for dinner doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

Once I had a chance to eat lunch. I sat outside because for once it isn't raining. I got a turkey club sandwich and a bottle of lemonade. I sit and eat my lunch, Kenny comes over  "Afternoon gorgeous!"

"Hi Kenny." I wave

"You look cute."

"Thank you, I would hope so. I sorta have a date tonight."

"With Ricky?"

"Mmhm. He asked me to meet him for dinner, I'm not sure if it's a date though."

"Well I hope for your sake it is, I know you miss him." He grins

"Yeah, I do." I  take a sip of my drink

"Speaking of missing someone, have you talked to Olivia?"

"Actually no, I should probably text her. I'm sure she's having a great time though."

"She's probably on a beach somewhere. Relaxing drinking a margarita."